Redecorating your home comes with a few risks because what you thought looked great in the store might not seem that amazing in your room.
Rather than spend money while redoing all your work, you can simply use interior design software that can help you envision your project in the highest detail, in your home eliminating potential mistakes.
There are a lot of interior design programs on the market, and every one of them comes with its own unique features. We have gathered five of the best tools out there to ease the process of redecorating your home.
Interior design software to build your perfect home
- Live Home 3D Pro (recommended)
- Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11
- Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design 7
- Punch Home & Landscape Design Premium 19
- Home Designer Interiors
- Olympic Paint Color Visualizer
1. Live Home 3D Pro (recommended)
Live Home 3D Pro is an excellent home design app that will help you design and build the house of your dreams.
Whether you’re a homeowner who wants to completely revamp his/her home or a professional designer, this app is for both of you.
Live Home 3D Pro offers advanced design tools and a rich Object Library with thousands of 3D models of pieces of furniture, fireplaces, and much more.
In-app purchases are also available. For example, you can purchase over 150 additional plans and more than 600 additional materials to make sure that the end results look exactly like the digital design.
Here are some key features of the app:
- 2D floor plans and real-time 3D rendering are supported
- There is no limit as to the number of stories that you can design
- You can use photos to create custom materials so that you can fully personalize the design
- You can automatically adjust natural light by setting the time and geographic location
- You can export the design of your house to 3DS, FBX, OBJ, Collada, VRML, and X3D formats.
Users absolutely love this app and this review sums it all up:
This program is extremely effective for visualizing ideas before you plan build them. FIRST, this product is great for trying out ideas for your own before going to the expense of building. SECOND Anyone with CAD intuition of any level or just an interest in acquiring some CAD experience will love this product.
– Download now Live Home 3D Pro from the Microsoft Store
2. Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11 (suggested)
Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11 comes with plenty of tools that will help you reimagine your home’s interior. It also includes lots of sample plans and objects, and you will be able to create rooms quickly and effortlessly. Here are the most useful features that are included in this software:
- It provides you the opportunity to redecorate your rooms, add another room or design an entire house virtually.
- The software is best suited for beginners.
- It is a great way to brainstorm ideas for your new home.
- The SmartRoom Blocks feature allows you to create complete rooms automatically.
- The software comes with color-coded floor plans that will make it easy to distinguish between doors, windows, appliances, and furnishings.
- You can design in both 2D and 3D.
- You can also import images to use in the design.
- You will also get the ability to simulate interior lighting and shadows as well.
The software comes with thousands of brand-name products and materials in its library. It comes at an affordable price, and after you learn a bit about its features, you won’t find designing with this program such a challenge as it may seem in the beginning.
3. Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design 7
Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design 7 comes with a fantastic object library of over 7,500 items that you can place in your designs. The software is packed with features, and it’s one of the most straightforward programs to use once you have taken the time to learn it.
It comes with plenty of options and tool that will help you get a realistic depiction of what your new home will look like.
Take a look at some of the most exciting features that are included in the program:
- It allows you to pick and edit objects from its extremely vast library that includes moldings, furniture, window coverings, flooring, materials, paint and so on.
- For interior work, you will get designs for doors, windows, cabinets, and fireplaces.
- The program can help you estimate the price of your materials.
- It does an excellent job especially if you are remodeling your kitchen and bathroom.
- It comes with bathroom and kitchen wizards that guide you through the process of designing these rooms.
- Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design 7 also comes with landscaping features to design your patio, deck, yard, and garden.
Even if you are a beginner in designing, it will not take long before you learn how the software works. It comes with fantastic designing tools, and plenty of creative options to help you build the home of your dreams.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you’re interested in other design software products, check out our wide collection of guides.