- Whether you want to design your outside view of your home or the interior environment, graphic designers and architects will need special software.
- In order to obtain a clear image of your perfect interior design, you will have to use professional software to envision your project in the highest detail.
- We have prepared for you the best tools dedicated to 2D and 3D home design.
- You can find a lot more similar articles that will make your digital life easier on our Home Software Hub.
Redecorating your home comes with a few risks because what you thought looked great in the store might not seem that amazing in your room.
Rather than spend money while redoing all your work, you can simply use interior design software that can help you envision your project in the highest detail, in your home eliminating potential mistakes.
There are a lot of interior design programs on the market, and every one of them comes with its own unique features. We have gathered five of the best tools out there to ease the process of redecorating your home.
Interior design software to build your perfect home
- Adobe Dimension (recommended)
- Adobe Illustrator (suggested)
- Live Home 3D Pro
- DreamPlan Home Design Software (NCH)
- Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11
- Punch Home & Landscape Design Premium 19
- Home Designer Interiors
1. Adobe Dimension (recommended)
Adobe Dimension comes with fantastic tools in designing 2D and 3D interior spaces. The software is packed with features and an interactive interface, and it’s one of the most straightforward programs to use once you have taken the time to learn it.
It comes with plenty of options and tools that will help you get a realistic depiction of what your new home will look like.
Take a look at some of the most exciting features that are included in the program:
- It allows you to pick and edit objects from its extremely vast library from Adobe Stock that includes moldings, furniture, window coverings, flooring, materials, paint, and so on. You have to know that the images may be watermarked if you don’t have a license for Adobe Stock. But this is not a problem if you have the best tools to remove a watermark.
- For interior work, you will get designs for doors, windows, cabinets, and fireplaces.
- The program can help you customize the surface, texture, shapes, light, and colors of your design elements.
- It does an excellent job especially if you are remodeling your kitchen and bathroom.
- Adobe Dimension also comes with landscaping features to design your patio, deck, yard, and garden.
- As well, interior designs can be created in 360 or augmented reality as Adobe Dimension is part of Creative Suite, where you can find apps like Adobe Aero, Indesign or XD that can help you in creating interactive content.
Even if you are a beginner in designing, you can learn how the software works. It comes with fantastic learning materials and online lessons, and plenty of creative options to help you build the home of your dreams.
2. Adobe Illustrator (suggested)
This is the best software that allows you to create 2D and 3D design concepts. The program is designed to help you visualize the way decorating elements, furniture, and basic aspects will look in the way you imagine. Take a look at the essential features that are included in the software:
- You can easily mix and match the walls, ceilings to find the perfect combination.
- With just a few clicks, you can give your home a digital makeover.
- This tool allows you to digitally paint the rooms with any color that is included in the Adobe Illustrator paint collection.
- Due to an intuitive interface workspace, the tool will allow you to manage layers, draw plans, and elevations in order to have a clear perspective of your work.
- You will be able to unlock your creativity with features like Pen Tool to create technical illustrations, like shapes, paths, and vector-based graphics.
- For a precise position and arrangement in the interior space, Adobe Illustrator comes with transforming features like aligning, scaling, and rotating features.
Moreover, for a better experience in 3D rendering, Adobe is including Live Effects, so you can visualize in real-time all the changes you make without changing the layer.
For artistic architectures who prefer to draw, Illustrator is coming with the innovation of drawing on iPad Pro with a Pencil or touch.
3. Live Home 3D Pro
Live Home 3D Pro is an excellent home design app that will help you design and build the house of your dreams.
Whether you’re a homeowner who wants to completely revamp his/her home or a professional designer, this app is for both of you.
Live Home 3D Pro offers advanced design tools and a rich Object Library with thousands of 3D models of pieces of furniture, fireplaces, and much more.
In-app purchases are also available. For example, you can purchase over 150 additional plans and more than 600 additional materials to make sure that the end results look exactly like the digital design.
Here are some key features of the app:
- 2D floor plans and real-time 3D rendering are supported
- There is no limit as to the number of stories that you can design
- You can use photos to create custom materials so that you can fully personalize the design
- You can automatically adjust natural light by setting the time and geographic location
- You can export the design of your house to 3DS, FBX, OBJ, Collada, VRML, and X3D formats.
Users absolutely love this app and this review sums it all up:
This program is extremely effective for visualizing ideas before you plan build them. FIRST, this product is great for trying out ideas for your own before going to the expense of building. SECOND Anyone with CAD intuition of any level or just an interest in acquiring some CAD experience will love this product.
⇒ Download now Live Home 3D Pro from the Microsoft Store
4. DreamPlan Home Design Software (NCH)
Designing your future house is no easy task, and everything needs to be planned ahead if you want things to turn out perfectly. That is precisely why you need a program that can cover pretty much every aspect of your house planning.
Everything from the walls, colors, room placement, and even the furniture can be set, edited and managed within DreamPlan Home Design Software (NCH).
The best thing about this tool is that you don’t need to be an architect or an interior designer to do a good job since the interface is so easy all you need to do is click, hold, drag and move objects around however you see fit.
The presets included are amazing, and you can even load your own resources for elements such as wall designs or carpet colors.
- Wide range of environments and objects to choose from (indoor objects, garden, etc)
- Terrain editor
- Not demanding of your system’s resources
- Incredibly simple UI
I planned each renovation in our house with this program. Was great. You could make your room. Add your furniture, was great to see what furniture would really fit since you can get the measurements of the furniture you want to buy.
Interior Design Software FAQ:
- Which interior design software is the best?
The best interior design software is Adobe Dimension, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop, as they include dedicated features for modeling interior aspects.
- What is the best free interior design software?
Adobe Illustrator offers you the possibility of a 7-day free trial or the DreamPlan Home Design Software is a great option who wants free software for home designing.
- How do architects draw floor plans?
Architects use for drawing floor plans Autocad or Autodesk Inventor
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you’re interested in other design software products, check out our wide collection of guides.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2017 and was revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.