6 best interior design software for PC: Unleash the home designer within
Redecorating your home comes with a few risks because what you thought looked great in the store might not seem that amazing in your room.
Rather than spend money while redoing all your work, you can simply use interior design software that can help you envision your project in the highest detail, in your home eliminating potential mistakes.
There are a lot of interior design programs on the market, and every one of them comes with its own unique features. We have gathered five of the best tools out there to ease the process of redecorating your home.
Interior design software to build your perfect home
- Live Home 3D Pro (recommended)
- Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11
- Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design 7
- Punch Home & Landscape Design Premium 19
- Home Designer Interiors 2017
- Olympic Paint Color Visualizer
1. Live Home 3D Pro (recommended)
Live Home 3D Pro is an excellent home design app that will help you design and build the house of your dreams.
Whether you’re a homeowner who wants to completely revamp his/her home or a professional designer, this app is for both of you.
Live Home 3D Pro offers advanced design tools and a rich Object Library with thousands of 3D models of pieces of furniture, fireplaces, and much more.
In-app purchases are also available. For example, you can purchase over 150 additional plans and more than 600 additional materials to make sure that the end results looks exactly like the digital design.
Here are some key features of the app:
- 2D floor plans and real-time 3D rendering are supported
- There is no limit as to the number of stories that you can design
- You can use photos to create custom materials so that you can fully personalize the design
- You can automatically adjust natural light by setting the time and geographic location
- You can export the design of your house to 3DS, FBX, OBJ, Collada, VRML, and X3D formats.
Users absolutely love this app and this review sums it all up:
This program is extremely effective for visualizing ideas before you plan build them. FIRST, this product is great for trying out ideas for your own before going to the expense of building. SECOND Anyone with CAD intuition of any level or just an interest in acquiring some CAD experience will love this product.
– Download now Live Home 3D Pro from the Microsoft Store
2. Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11 (suggested)
Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11 comes with plenty of tools that will help you reimagine your home’s interior. It also includes lots of sample plans and objects, and you will be able to create rooms quickly and effortlessly. Here are the most useful features that are included in this software:
- It provides you the opportunity to redecorate your rooms, add another room or design an entire house virtually.
- The software is best suited for beginners.
- It is a great way to brainstorm ideas for your new home.
- The SmartRoom Blocks feature allows you to create complete rooms automatically.
- The software comes with color-coded floor plans that will make it easy to distinguish between doors, windows, appliances, and furnishings.
- You can design in both 2D and 3D.
- You can also import images to use in the design.
- You will also get the ability to simulate interior lighting and shadows as well.
The software comes with thousands of brand-name products and materials in its library. It comes at an affordable price, and after you learn a bit about its features, you won’t find designing with this program such a challenge as it may seem in the beginning.
- Buy now Total 3D Home Design Deluxe 11 (only $19.99)
3. Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design 7
Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design 7 comes with a fantastic object library of over 7,500 items that you can place in your designs. The software is packed with features, and it’s one of the most straightforward programs to use once you have taken the time to learn it.
It comes with plenty of options and tool that will help you get a realistic depiction of what your new home will look like.
Take a look at some of the most exciting features that are included in the program:
- It allows you to pick and edit objects from its extremely vast library that includes moldings, furniture, window coverings, flooring, materials, paint and so on.
- For interior work, you will get designs for doors, windows, cabinets, and fireplaces.
- The program can help you estimate the price of your materials.
- It does an excellent job especially if you are remodeling your kitchen and bathroom.
- It comes with bathroom and kitchen wizards that guide you through the process of designing these rooms.
- Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design 7 also comes with landscaping features to design your patio, deck, yard, and garden.
Even if you are a beginner in designing, it will not take long before you learn how the software works. It comes with fantastic designing tools, and plenty of creative options to help you build the home of your dreams.
4. Punch Home & Landscape Design Premium 19
Punch Home & Landscape Design Premium 19 is an excellent software for most remodeling and redecorating projects. It provides the bonus of outdoor planning features as well.
This tool comes with a beautiful set of features to help you create your new home in virtual reality, and it can also help you keep tabs on the price of materials.
Here are its most important features below:
- It comes with a generous object library filled with over 4,700 objects.
- It includes bathroom fixtures, doors, appliances, windows, light fixtures, and furniture.
- The actual rebuilding in an easy process.
- You have the ability to create a Quick Palette with all the colors and materials that you want to use.
- It includes landscaping tools, and you can also design your porch or deck as an extension of your home.
- The QuickStart option will help you create a floor plan first.
- While you draw and resize rooms, the automatic dimensioning tool will provide the exact measurements.
- You can also incorporate electric elements into your plans.
- Once you recreate a room, you can view it in both 2D and 3D, and you’ll be able to walk through it.
The program is compatible with CAD software. This means that after you finished designing a room, you will be able to export it in DXE or DWG formats.
The software comes with lots of sophisticated tools that might take some time to learn, but it won’t be difficult, and the effort is worth it.
- ALSO READ: 5 best software for furniture design
5. Home Designer Interiors 2017
Home Design Interiors 2017 is a very efficient home design app that allows you to renovate any living space. This interior design program will make sure that you will see how everything looks before you decide to buy anything.
It is a comprehensive software packed with a lot of features and an extensive object library.
Take a look at the most interesting features of the program below:
- It includes over 6,500 objects in its object library, and the materials library includes more than 30,000 items.
- You can choose between lots of bathroom fixtures, appliances, doors, cabinets, fireplaces and so on.
- The program provides lots of flooring options, windows, furniture, and houseplants.
- It includes handicap-accessible objects and materials.
- The drag-and-drop feature works in 2D.
- You can update things and alter colors and materials in 3D.
- The program is ideal especially if you plan to remodel your home.
- The pre-arranges furniture groupings will help you plan the space.
After you finish the design process, Home Design Interiors provides accurate digital mock-ups in 2D or 3D. You will be able to virtually walk around your new home as well.
6. Olympic Paint Color Visualizer
This is a free software that allows you to upload images of any room in your house and add different colors to see how that specific room would look. The program is designed to help you choose the ideal paint color for your room. Take a look at the essential features that are included in the software:
- You can easily mix and match the walls, ceilings to find the perfect combination.
- With just a few clicks, you can give your home a digital makeover.
- This tool allows you to digitally paint the rooms with any color that is included in the Olympic paint collection.
- You can explore and tag the most popular colors.
- You will also have the ability to create and save your color projects.
You will not have to download and install anything with this program because you will only use it online. Olympic Paint Color Visualizer it’s great for choosing the colors of your new home, and it’s effortless to use it.
These are our picks for the top six interior design programs for Windows. Interior design software is a really helpful tool when you want to try out new designs, decor, and layouts before investing the money and labor required to do the job in real-life. Such tools can definitely help you plan designs or renovations and complete the projects of your dreams. Pick the best software for your needs and start designing!
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Plan and furnish spaces with the free Planner 5D design app
- Best 3D home architect apps to design your home
- Design your House With “Live Interior 3D” App for Windows 8, 10
A lot of people still love to use Windows Media Player as their go-to player, but many users reported Windows Media Player cannot play the […]
Windows users often experience high CPU usage. This issue causes PC performance to slow down, consuming huge chunks of memory. It is critical to take […]
So you’re on your machine and plug-in your TV, the devices seem to recognize each other and appear to be connected, but suddenly you get […]