Even though Windows 8 is a stable and smooth OS, you will still get various error messages when performing daily tasks. Why? Well because each program you install on your device comes with its own software and at some point, you might experience force close errors, incompatibility alerts, or other kinds of issues, which can be easily resolved by applying a proper troubleshooting solution.
Most problems that are related to the Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 system can be fixed by using inbuilt features provided by Microsoft. Of course, you still have to find and to perform the best solution available for your issue. In that matter, during the guidelines from below, I will help you address the “your internet security settings prevented” error in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1.
This error message will be usually displayed when you will want to open or run a .exe program or when you will try to install a new software on your computer. So, the “your internet security settings prevented” alert represent a system issue which isn’t providing you access to internal programs or to basic operations. Due to the same reasons, you should act quickly in order to safely resolve your Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 problems.
Here are some more examples of this problem:
- Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened group policy – This error appears when you’re not able to perform an action in Group Policy Editor.
- Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened Windows Server 2012 – Although we’re writing about this error in Windows 10, it’s also possible to encounter it in Windows Server 2012.
- Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from opening Windows 7 -Although we’re writing about this error in Windows 10, it’s also possible to encounter it in Windows 7.
- Your internet security settings prevented a file from being opened
How to Fix “your internet security settings prevented” error in Windows 10
Change Internet Explorer Settings
In most cases, the “your internet security settings prevented” error might be caused by Internet Explorer; so try to fix the issue by following:
- Start or lunch Internet Explorer.
- Go to Internet Explorer Settings.
- From the main Settings window tap on the Security tab and head towards Internet zones.
- Then from the new window that will be displayed go to “Launching applications and unsafe files (not secure)” and from there check the “enable (not secure)” box.
- Check if your problem has been now resolved.
If not, you should also try to uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer, or reset the Internet Explorer settings by going to path “Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset”.
Disable your antivirus, Firewall and Internet protection
If the above-explained solution isn’t working for you, it means that the “your internet security settings prevented” error might be caused by another program. In that matter, you should head your attention towards your security programs.
You should start by temporarily disabling your antivirus, antimalware, Firewall and Internet protection. Then try to repeat your action and check if the Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 issue has been addressed; if not try the guidelines from below.
Your Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 device may be infected
Of course, you should also consider that your device might be infected with a malware or with a virus. This might be the cause especially if you don’t have an antivirus program installed on your computer. So, try to resolve your “your internet security settings prevented” alert by downloading and installing a proper antivirus and/or antimalware software. Then perform a full scan and see if you can fix your problems.
We also recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware, and hardware failure. It will also optimize your PC for maximum performance.
So there you go: now you should be able to run all of your programs and tools without getting the “your internet security settings prevented” error. These troubleshooting solutions have been reported as successful methods by many users who were experiencing the same Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 issue, so you can safely apply the same. Anyway, if you can’t address the error, don’t hesitate and talk with us as we will try to assist you as soon as possible with useful tips.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2014 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: .NET Framework 3.5 is Missing From Windows 10
- Fix: Windows 10 Technical Preview Key is Not Working
- Fix: Error Code 0x8024402f Prevents Windows 10 From Updating
- Fix: Mail, People, Calendar Apps Don’t Work in Windows 10
- Fix: Webcam Problems in Windows 10