Microsoft Intune enables users to sync enrolled devices with their organizations. However, sometimes Intune doesn’t sync user devices. One of Intune’s most prevalent syncing error messages states, The sync could not be initiated (0x82ac019e). Consequently, users can’t initiate Windows device syncs with Intune when that issue arises. These are some of the confirmed resolutions for Intune’s sync could not be initiated error.
How can Users Fix Intune’s Syncing?
1. Open Port 444
- Some users have fixed the sync could not be initiated error by opening port 444 for Azure AD registered devices, which might be blocked within some organizations. To open a port, press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut.
- Input ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ as the search keyword.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Right-click Inbound Rules on the left of the window to select New Rules.
- Select Ports and click Next.
- Select the TCP or UDP protocol option for your port.
- Then enter the port number 444 in the Specific local ports box.
- Select the Allow the connection option.
- Click the Next button to open Profile options.
- Click Next again, and then enter a title for the firewall rule.
- Press the Finish button.
2. Unregister the Device From Other Organizations
- The sync could not be initiated error can also be due to users’ devices being registered with multiple organizations. To fix that, click the Start button.
- Click the Settings button on Windows 10’s Start menu.
- Select Accounts in Settings.
- Click Access work or school on the left of the Settings window.
- If the device is connected with another organization, select the listed account for it.
- Then click Disconnect button for the selected account. Then users should have one organization account for Intune listed there.
3. Check Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 is Enabled
- Some users have fixed Intune’s syncing by enabling Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 in Office 365 admin portals. To check if Enterprise Mobility is enabled for a specific user, admin users will need log in to their Office 365 portals.
- Select the user account the syncing error arises for.
- Click the Edit button for Product licenses.
- Then turn on Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 if it’s not enabled.
- Thereafter, users will need to restart the affected device to resync it. Open the Settings app in Windows 10.
- Then click Access work or school and resync the device from there.
Those are some of the resolutions users have fixed Intune’s syncing with. Users who have resolved the sync could not be initiated error with other resolutions are welcome to share their fixes below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT: