How to Invert Colors on PDF Files [Adobe, Photoshop, Chrome]
Check our quick guide on how to invert colors on PDF
- Inverting PDF colors mean changing the colors of elements on the document to their reverse colors.
- You can flip the colors on PDF files using Adobe Reader, Photoshop, or Google Chrome.
You may want to invert colors on PDF files for many reasons – from reading them in dim light to just wanting them to look better. When inverting PDF colors, it will replace every color with its exact opposite.
Instead of downloading software for modifying PDF files, we only included tools that you probably use already. Also, you can invert colors in PDF with Adobe Reader. It is not merely a PDF opener but lets you invert colors and carry out other crucial operations, such as merging PDF files.
Regardless of why you want to retouch the PDF, this guide will show you how to do it easily.
How to invert PDF colors guide for Adobe Reader, Photoshop, and Chrome?
1. Invert PDF colors with Adobe Reader
- Right-click on the PDF document for which you want to invert its colors, go to Open with, and choose Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Click on the Edit menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Choose Accessibility from the left-hand pane.
- Mark the Replace Document Colors checkbox.
- Select the Custom Color radio option.
- Click on the checkboxes for Page Background and Document Text, and for each of these options, select your preferred color.
- Hit OK to save your new color preferences.
2. Invert PDF colors with Photoshop
- Download Photoshop.
- Click on the File menu.
- Select Open.
- Browse and choose the PDF file that you want to edit.
- Click on the Pages radio button.
- Select the page that you wish to edit.
- Hit the OK button.
- Press the Ctrl + I and then click on the File menu.
- Select the Save As… option.
- Click the dropdown menu next to Save as type and choose Photoshop PDF.
However, Photoshop handles your PDF as an image. You can invert the PDF colors with Photoshop, but on saving the file as a PDF, it loses PDF characteristics. With Photoshop, you may have to invert the page individually, then save them in PDF format instead of PSD, and combine them.
Adobe Photoshop CC
This powerful software ensures you can invert your colors in PDF files without any issues while offering you access to a wide range of other useful PDF editing tools.
3. Invert PDF colors using Google Chrome
- Right-click on the PDF document.
- Go to Open with and select Google Chrome.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + I to open the console.
- Make sure that you’re on the Console tab.
- Copy the following code, paste it into the console, and hit Enter:
var cover = document.createElement("div");
let css = `
At this point, you can close the console. Similar to the first method, inverting PDF colors using Chrome is not permanent. The modifications disappear as soon as you close the browser or tab.
It’s up to you to pick a method that suits your goals to invert PDF colors for printing. If you want to flip the colors on the PDF permanently and don’t mind doing it one page at a time, then Photoshop will suffice. Otherwise, you can invert PDF colors on Chrome or the useful Adobe Reader application.
Also, there are several websites and tools to invert colors in PDF online for free. So, you can check them out too. While you are here, check the best PDF viewers for a better experience.
Feel free to share your experience with us by using the comment section below.