- If your IPTV is not working on WiFi, you probably got blocked by your ISP.
- Many Italian internet service providers were ordered to block and monitor IPTV activity.
- This is the authority's attempt to regulate and stop the spreading of illegal broadcasting services.
- With a few tricks, you can pass this block and keep using IPTV to watch your favorite content.
IPTV is highly monitored and has faced massive blocks in Italy. This all stemmed from a lot of illegal providers broadcasting pretty much all TV content in Italy for a very low price or for free.
Fines go all the way up to 10 000 euros per IPTV service, and over 400 IPTV providers have been shut down. Individual users also risk getting fined and being called to court hearings.
Unfortunately, the restrictions seem to also affect people that use legit IPTV services, as ISPs’ blocks deem any activity as suspicious. Consequently, pretty much any type of IPTV no longer works in Italy.
Users report their IPTV does not load channels or is displaying an endless loop of errors.
Luckily there are ways to fix that and access IPTV without being blocked or detected. Check our instructions below to quickly get around this issue.
Which WiFi internet provider blocks IPTV in Italy?
ISPs do not have much of a say in this. They get court orders that force them to monitor and restrict IPTV usage on all their networks.
You can expect to be blocked out of your IPTV service if you use the following ISPs:
- Go Internet
The odds are that other providers will be required to do the same thing in the future. So if you want to keep using IPTV, simply switching your Internet provider may not do the trick.
You need to conceal your online activity, and we got several trustworthy things you can try to achieve that.
How to fix IPTV not working on home WiFi?
1. Use a VPN
VPNs mask your IP and encrypt your traffic data. This makes you untraceable online, so your ISP won’t be able to monitor or block IPTV.
To use ExpressVPN in solving IPTV not working with WiFi:
- Get an ExpressVPN subscription and download the app to your device.
- Install the app and log in with your credentials.
- In the VPN app, pick a server located outside Italy. ExpressVPN has servers in 94 different countries, so there are plenty of options.
- Launch your IPTV service.
ExpressVPN is one of the most reliable VPNs on the market. It’s very stable and has a wide range of privacy-oriented features to ensure that none of your information is vulnerable.
It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries, so there are plenty of options you can use to safely connect to in order to get access to your IPTV channels.
Bypass the IPTV block using ExpressVPN and enjoy your favorite online content without any risk!
2. Change your router’s DNS
Using a different DNS than the one provided by your ISP makes it more difficult for them to track your activity and block you. The changes will apply to all the devices and IPTV software your use.
Here’s how to change your DNS server from your router’s admin panel:
- In a web browser, launch your router settings panel.
- Provide username and password to log in. To change DNS, you need to log in with the admin account.
- Locate DNS settings and change your DNS addresses.
- Save your settings and restart your router.
You can find high-quality DNS addresses for free which should do the job just fine. A reliable and stable option is the Google Public DNS service.
After you set up this new DNS server, try to launch your IPTV service again. At this point, it should work without restrictions.
3. Use a proxy
Proxies too hide your location and mask your IP, being another useful fix if your IPTV does not load the channel list. They can get rid of ISP monitoring that stops IPTV from working on your WiFi network.
- Launch Windows Settings.
- Select Network and Internet on the menu.
- Select Proxy on the left-hand side menu.
- Enable the Automatically detect settings toggle.
- Under the Manual proxy setup section, turn on Use a Proxy Server.
- Turn on the Use setup switch if Windows finds a PAC file already. You can find the switch under Automatic proxy setup.
- Now click Save after inputting the proxy address.
You can get a dedicated proxy address online. There are many providers that offer them for free, or at least include a free trial so you can try them out and see if they really can unlock IPTV.
We advise you use a high-quality proxy if you want to stay anonymous, given these serious regulations happening in Italy.
4. Use Tor
Tor is a web browser that works similarly to a proxy. It reroutes your traffic through multiple nodes, making your online activity untraceable.
It’s easy to set up and a great option for those that use IPTV on a PC:
- Get Tor from its official download site and install it.
- Launch the Tor app and click on the Connect button.
- Wait for the browser to configure.
- Type the web address of your IPTV provider and login into your account.
- Browse the library and access your content.
Tor is a great free option you can use to bypass these ISP regulations that cause IPTV to not work on your WiFi home network.
Sometimes Tor can get detected, thus blocking your access, but if you enable all its privacy features, you should be fine. Your IP address and true identity won’t be visible even if Tor usage is detected.
IPTV not working with Wifi is not a new issue. It’s a widespread issue, and major ISPs like Vodafone block IPTV usage in an attempt to comply with the law.
All of the above-mentioned solutions are reliable ways you can fix the IPTV not working with Wi-Fi issues, but that does not mean illegal use is condoned.
We advise you carefully check your IPTV provider’s credibility before you sign up for a subscription, to avoid getting scammed or using illegal services.