- Showbox is a popular video streaming service you can use to watch top-rated movies and TV shows for free. However, it's facing a lot of issues due to copyright infringement.
- If you suspect that your ISP is blocking Showbox, check out our solutions below to know for sure. Discover how to stop ISP blocks with a VPN and watch Showbox from any device.
- For more helpful guides about streaming with a VPN, visit our Streaming VPN section.
- Join our Unblocking Hub to see what other content you can unblock with a VPN.
It’s even possible to download video content to watch it later at a more convenient time, especially since the service adds new titles frequently. Unfortunately, many users complain that their ISP is blocking Showbox, which prevents them from taking advantage of the streaming app.
You might be tempted to drop Showbox and switch to other similar tools, such as Popcorn Time, especially since Showbox doesn’t always work. Instead of doing this, however, you can use a VPN to hide your online activity from your ISP and stop it from blocking Showbox.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
How can I tell if my ISP has blocked Showbox?
Connect to another network and try to access Showbox
If Showbox was blocked by your ISP, the best way to check this is by connecting to the Internet in some other way, in order to redirect your network traffic through another ISP or mobile carrier.
For example, if you’re home, you can temporarily use your 3G/4G mobile data plan to try and access Showbox. Otherwise, you can go out and try to connect to a public Wi-Fi hotspot to see if the streaming app works there.
Stay in touch on the Showbox subreddit
The Showbox subreddit currently has more than 15,000 members. And there’s a sticky post that indicates the Showbox status and gets updated as soon as its state changes.
If you suspect that your ISP is actively blocking Showbox, head over to the subreddit to check its status and read the comments made by the other Redditors.
Try accessing Showbox at different times
Even if your ISP blocked Showbox, it might not be permanent. Some Internet service providers set restrictions by taking account of the number of users who connect at the same time.
For instance, the majority of Internet users watch online streaming in the evening or during the weekends (outside of work hours). To check this theory, try accessing Showbox at different times of the day and days of the week.
What can I do if my ISP is blocking Showbox?
- Sign up for a VPN subscription plan (we recommend PIA).
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Connect to a VPN server*.
- Try accessing Showbox again.
*To get the best VPN connection speed, connect to the nearest server recommended by the VPN provider. If it doesn’t work with Showbox, explore other VPN servers outside of your country.
Using a premium VPN service is the best way to watch Showbox if your ISP blocked this streaming app. We advise you against using free VPNs because they usually don’t work as expected.
That’s actually the reason why we didn’t recommend using a free VPN to check if your ISP blocked Showbox: they’re unreliable.
Made by Kape Technologies, Private Internet Access (PIA) is a top-rated VPN that you can trust to stop ISP site blocks and watch Showbox or other streaming services on your device. It’s compatible with all major platforms, including Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and Mac.
In addition to unblocking Showbox and hiding your browsing history from your ISP, you can use PIA to stay anonymous on the web, protect your device from hackers, and watch Netflix US from anywhere in the world. It’s the best VPN for video streaming.
What else you must know about PIA:
- Protects up to 10 devices
- No logs or leaks
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
Use PIA to prevent your ISP from blocking Showbox by connecting to its high-speed VPN servers.
In conclusion, you can check if your ISP is blocking Showbox by using one of the solutions we provided above. And, if it did, you can use a trustworthy VPN service like PIA to fix this problem and comfortably watch movies and TV shows using this awesome streaming app.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.