JSON Viewer to be an all-accessible feature in future Firefox versions
The JSON Viewer tool that was baked into Firefox version 44 is getting some more spotlight as the developer is looking to put a little more emphasis on this feature in versions to come.
This means that Mozilla will be adding some changes to the JSON tool and to the channels it can go through. With Firefox 53, Mozilla wants to make the JSON Viewer an all-accessible feature, meaning that it will be available for all channels including the likes of Firefox Stable.
While the feature was already present in Mozilla’s Firefox assets, it just wasn’t enabled. With the arrival of Firefox 53, we will see it enabled on all channels and work towards bringing JSON functionality up to a broader scale. In its current state, the JSON Viewer is only enabled for Mozilla’s Developer channel.
To get the feature enabled on a preferred channel right now, all you have to do is follow a couple of steps that should lead you right to your goal.
Here’s how to enable JSON Viewer manually on a desired channel:
- Use the Firefox address bar to access about:config. Write the command then press Enter;
- You will be prompted and warned about the repercussions of certain actions. Go ahead and agree to the prompt;
- Look up something called devtools.jsonview.enabled and select it;
- Double click the preference name. Set it to True for enabled, and False for disabled;
- That’s all you need to do if you want to enable this feature on your current version of Mozilla Firefox.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to reduce Firefox flash game lag
- Firefox users still prefer Windows 7 over Windows 10
- Firefox and Chrome can’t match Microsoft Edge security standards
Windows File Protection happens to be a built-in Windows feature designed to protect critical system files from getting replaced or overwritten, be it inadvertently or […]
Christmas is almost here, and if you’re planning to do so shopping, we suggest that you have a look at these great USB gadgets for […]
Christmas season is almost here and if you’re planning to make your purchase, today we want to show you some great Christmas gifts for Zelda […]