If you’ve been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update through Windows Update, but the upgrade process failed, we may have a solution for you. Microsoft recently revealed that downloading KB4013214 is mandatory if you want to upgrade from the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 version 1703.
Download KB4015217 and KB4013214 before upgrading to Creators Update
Well, actually, you need to download one more update in order to be able to download KB4013214. If this seems somehow complicated, we’ll break it down:
1. First of all, download cumulative update KB4015217. This update was released on Patch Tuesday, but we must warn you that it also brings issues of its own, as Windows 10 users report. You can download KB4015217 through Windows Update, or from Microsoft’s Update Catalog website.
2. Now, download and install KB4013214. You can download this update from Windows Update.
3. Upgrade to Creators Update through Windows Update.
Here’s how Microsoft describes this whole process:
As part of Microsoft’s continuing commitment to your privacy with Windows 10, Windows Update KB4013214 prepares your device for the Windows 10 Creators Update by installing the Upgrade and Privacy Experience (UPX).
This update is required before Windows Update will download and install the Windows 10 Creators Update.
To install this update, you must have installed cumulative update KB4015217, or a subsequently released Windows 10 cumulative update. Note: KB4013214 is required before Windows Update will download and install the Windows 10 Creators Update.
There you go, if you’ve been experiencing various upgrade issues and errors, verify if KB4015217 and KB4013214 are installed on your computer. If these two updates are missing, this may explain why you haven’t been able to upgrade.
If you still can’t upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update even after installing these two updates, try using the ISO files.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Creators Update prevents PCs from shutting down [FIX]
- Creators Update enables Game DVR by default and causes game issues
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.