Windows 10 KB4034658 fixes launch issues and enhances security
Windows 10 version 1607 received a useful update on Patch Tuesday. Cumulative update KB4034658 fixes an annoying launch issue affecting devices that resume from Connected Standby mode, as well as a screen bug in Tablet Mode. At the same time, this update also add a series of security improvements to the table.
Windows 10 KB4034658 takes the OS build to version 14393.1593.
Here are the complete patch notes for KB4034658:
- Addressed issue where apps sometimes launch with a border when a device is in Tablet mode.
- Addressed issue introduced in the June updates where some applications may not launch when a device resumes from Connected Standby mode.
- Security updates to Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Windows Search Component, Microsoft Windows PDF Library, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Common Log File System Driver, Windows Server, Windows Hyper-V, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
As a quick reminder, if your PC is already up to date, then only the new fixes contained in this package will be installed on your machine.
You can download KB4034658 automatically from Windows Update. You can also get the standalone package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
The update applies to Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 Version 1607 (Anniversary Update). If you haven’t installed KB4034658, check for updates as soon as possible. Installing the latest updates protects your computer against malware attacks.
For the time being, there are no known issues listed on KB4034658 ‘s support page. It seems that this update is quite stable as users haven’t reported any issues either.
Have you already downloaded KB4034658 on your computer? If you encountered any issues after installing the update, use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here are all the differences between Creators Update and Anniversary Update
- Anniversary Update now runs on 91% of Windows 10 PCs, says AdDuplex
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update saves the day against zero-day threats
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]