Windows 10 October Patch Tuesday updates are all about security
Hey, Windows 10 users, we’ve got a piece of good news for you: the new October Patch Tuesday updates are in town! This month’s patches are all about improving the operating system’s security. We’re going to tell you what fixes and improvements each update brings, so keep reading.
Windows 10 Patch Tuesday October 2018
- KB4464330 for Windows 10 version 1809 aka the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- KB4462919 for Windows 10 version 1803 aka the Windows 10 April Update
- KB4462918 for Windows 10 version 1709 aka the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- KB4462937 for Windows 10 version 1703 aka the Windows 10 Creators Update
- KB4462917 for Windows 10 version 1607 aka the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
All these updates share one common feature: they all focus on improving your system’s security. More specifically, they add additional security layers to many Windows 10 components.
Here’s how Microsoft describes these patches:
Security updates to Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Peripherals, Windows Shell, Windows Kernel, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Linux, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Windows 10 October 2018 Update KB4464330
The first cumulative update for Windows 10 v1809 also brings one additional improvement compared to all the other Patch Tuesday updates available for the other Windows 10 versions.
Addresses an issue where an incorrect timing calculation may prematurely delete user profiles on devices subject to the “Delete user profiles older than a specified number of day” group policy.
Download October 2018 Patch Tuesday updates
As always, there are two ways to download the latest OS updates on your Windows 10 computer:
- Use Windows Update to check for updates and automatically download the patches on your machine
- Download the updates manually from Microsoft’s Update Catalog website. All you need to do is enter the KB number in the search box, hit Enter and then hit the download button.
Have you installed the updates on your computer? Did you notice anything unusual? Let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Patch Tuesday updates install Candy Crush on Windows 10 PCs
- How to fix performance issues after installing Patch Tuesday updates
- Fix: Windows 10 Update hangs
Microsoft has finally started rolling out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update to the general public. As expected, this release brings a bunch of issues […]
FIFA 19 is Electronic Arts’ football simulation video game. This is the most popular football simulator game with millions of active players. Many users reported […]
From the old days of hundreds of CDs and DVDs, larger and larger hard drives, to cloud services now, gaming has grown significantly. The need […]