Windows 10 v1607 KB4493470 fixes BSOD errors and app launch issues
Windows 10 v1607 users received cumulative update KB4493470 on April Patch Tuesday. The release took the existing OS to build to version 14393.2906.
At the same time, this patch put an end to Windows 10 v1607’s delta updates.
Additionally, Microsoft also added quality updates for all the other Windows 10 versions.
Download KB4493441 from Microsoft
The complete update package is available for download through Windows Update section. You can also manually install the update by navigating to Settings, Update & Security and then Windows Update.
In this post, we are going to discuss some general improvements and fixes you will get after installing this update. KB4493470 bring many quality updates to Windows 10 systems and we’ll list them below.
KB4493441 key changes and improvements
Let’s discuss some of the key changes available in this update.
- Windows 10 v1607 systems now meet GB18030 standard certificate requirements.
- Microsoft resolved the issue for certain apps that use MSXML6. These apps reportedly stop responding when an exception is thrown during node operations.
- Another issue that caused the group policy editor to stop responding has also been fixed.
- The company has also fixed a BSOD issue that affected some PC configuratons.
- The big M added some security updates to Windows & Microsoft Graphics, Microsoft Scripting Engine and Filesystems, Windows Server, and Windows Input and Composition.
- The company resolved an issue that causes authentication issues for apps using WININET.DLL such as Internet Explorer 11. The issue was restricting two or more people use the same user account.
Before downloading the update, you need to install KB4485447 on your system so as to enjoy a smooth update process. If you have already installed the update on your system, you can go ahead with KB4493470.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Steps to set automatic Windows 10 update installation deadlines
- Windows 10 updates won’t install [6 easy steps to fix the issue]
- What to do if desktop is unavailable after Windows 10 update
Microsoft just released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18963 (20H1) for all the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring. The build adds a lot of important […]
A number of Synology users have reported that the assistant won’t map the drive. This issue can be extremely annoying, as it varies in the […]