KB4517389 brings Microsoft HoloLens updates and more
For those of you eagerly waiting for a new update to your Windows 10, know that October 2019 Patch Tuesday is here.
It would seem that KB4517389 (OS Build 18362.418) is mainly focused on bringing updates to the Microsoft HoloLens (OS Build 18362.1034).
Additionally, this patch sees the beginning of the end of the support of e-books that use the .epub file extension over the next several months.
There are also updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Additionally, KB4517389 brings updates for verifying user names and passwords. Lastly, KB4517389 brings updates for storing and managing files.
Check out the full list of changes and improvements:
- Addresses an issue in security bulletin CVE-2019-1318 that may cause client or server computers that don’t support Extended Master Secret (EMS) RFC 7627 to have increased connection latency and CPU utilization. This issue occurs while performing full Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshakes from devices that don’t support EMS, especially on servers. EMS support has been available for all the supported versions of Windows since calendar year 2015 and is being incrementally enforced by the installation of the October 8, 2019 and later monthly updates.
- Security updates to Windows Shell, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cryptography, Windows Authentication, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Kernel, Microsoft Scripting Engine, and Windows Server.
Fortunately, no issues were discovered with this update. Make sure you read our report before you download the update!
Update: Several important issues with KB4517389 have been reported. Be sure to check them out in the articles below:
- KB4517389 causes Critical Error, Search bugs, and more
- KB4517389 comes with installation problems for many
- Latest KB4517389 brakes Microsoft Edge on some PCs
Have you set your Windows 10 to automatically update to the latest version? If you did, then the update will automatically install on your PC.
However, if you want to manually install KB4517389, you can follow the direct download link below.
If you encounter any problems or bugs with the new updates, make sure to share your experience in the comments section below.