Keyboard making clicking noise and not typing in Windows 10 [FIX]
Some users have said on forum posts that their keyboards click and don’t type in Windows 10. One user stated: “But when I tried to write a message back to a friend on Facebook, every time I made a keystroke, I would hear a clicking sound come from my computer and nothing would be typed on my computer.” Users can fix that as follows.
How to Fix Keyboard Clicking
1. Turn Off the Filter Keys Setting
Lots of users have confirmed that turning off filtering keys fixes their keyboards. Thus, the issue is usually due to Windows 10’s keyboard settings. This is how users can turn off filter keys.
- Open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Enter ‘Control Panel’ in Run and click OK.
- Click Ease of Access Center to open the Control Panel applet shown directly below.
- Click Make the keyboard easier to use to open the options shown below.
- Deselect the Turn on Filter Keys setting.
- Click the Apply button.
- Then press the OK button to close the window.
2. Run the Keyboard Troubleshooter
The Keyboard troubleshooter might also come in handy for fixing the keyboard clicking. That’s a troubleshooter which can fix keyboard settings. Follow the guidelines below to open that troubleshooter.
- Open the Control Panel in Windows 10.
- Click Troubleshooting to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Click View all to open a list of troubleshooters.
- Click Keyboard to open the window shown directly below.
- Click Advanced and select Apply repairs automatically.
- Then press Next to go through the troubleshooter.
There aren’t many confirmed fixes for keyboards clicking and not typing. However, deselecting the filter key setting is one resolution that has fixed the issue for lots of users. If neither of the above resolutions does the trick, then it might be more of a keyboard hardware issue.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10
- Fix: Keyboard not working after Windows 10 rollback
- Future Microsoft Surface models may feature haptic keyboards
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]