Fix: League of Legends sound not working
League of Legends is one of the most popular MOBA games in the world, with millions of players. Although the game is pretty stable, such a massive title, especially being an online multiplayer game, can’t go without its fair share of issues.
One of the most common issues LOL players confront is the problem with sound. The experience surely isn’t same without hearing in-game sounds, and especially when you need to talk with your teammates on the voice chat. So, if you’re experiencing sound issues, you’ll need to address them as soon as possible, in order to be able to play the game normally, and enjoy the full experience.
So, we’ve prepared a couple of solutions, that might come in handy if you’re experiencing sound issues while playing League of Legends. So, if this is your problem, we highly recommend reading this article.
How to fix sound issues in League of Legends
Make sure you’re using a correct audio channel
If you have multiple peripherals, like headphones and speakers, connected to your computer, a certain audio channel is assigned to each one of them. When you’re playing League of Legends, and other video games in general, you need to make sure you’re connected to the right audio channel, in order to hear in-game sound.
To check if you’re using a correct audio channel, do the following:
- Right-click on the Speaker icon in the bottom left of the screen and select Playback devices
- Right-click on the device you want to use and select Enable
- Now, right click on other devices in the list and select Disable
- Repeat the above step for all devices that you do not want to use
- Restart the game
If using a wrong channel was a problem indeed, it should be resolved now. But if you’re still experiencing issues, move over to other solutions listed below.
Make sure in-game sound is enabled
It may sound silly, but disabled in-game sound may be the reason you don’t hear anything while playing the game. Imagine the situation, you decided to have one practice match, and since there are no players to interact with, you disabled in-game sound to focus completely on improving your skills.
So, think once again, and if this really turns out to be the case, just enable in-game sound once again, by making sure that none of the slider bars in the SOUND section of the Options menu are pushed all the way to the left, and that the check box next to Disable all sound is not selected.
Update your sound drivers
Outdated sound drivers are the most common cause of various sound issues, including not having sound in League of Legends. So, the obvious solution here is to make sure your sound drivers are up to date, and update them if not. In case you’re not sure how to do that, follow these instructions:
- Go to Search, type devicemngr, and open Device Manager
- Find your audio device on the list of installed hardware
- Right-click it, and select Update driver software…
- If the update is available, finish the process
- Restart your computer, and open the game again
Update drivers automatically
We strongly suggest you update your driver automatically by using Tweakbit’s Driver Updater tool. This tool is approved by Microsoft and Norton Antivirus and will keep your system away from permanent damage caused by the installation of the wrong driver version.
After several tests, our team concluded that this is the best-automatized solution. Here is a quick guide on how to do it.
- Download and install TweakBit Driver Updater
- Once installed, the program will start scanning your PC for outdated drivers automatically. Driver Updater will check your installed driver versions against its cloud database of the latest versions and recommend proper updates. All you need to do is wait for the scan to complete.
- Upon scan completion, you get a report on all problem drivers found on your PC. Review the list and see if you want to update each driver individually or all at once. To update one driver at a time, click the ‘Update driver’ link next to the driver name. Or simply click the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to automatically install all recommended updates.
Note: Some drivers need to be installed in multiple steps so you will have to hit the ‘Update’ button several times until all of its components are installed.
Disclaimer: some features of this tool are not free.
Outdated sound drivers are just one of the non-game-related issues that can cause sound issues in League of Legends. However, there might be some more sound-preventing factors that actually have nothing to do with the game.
In case you’ve noticed sound issues on your computer that are not caused by League of Legends, we suggest you to check out this article for potential solutions.
There you go, that would be all for our article about resolving sound issues in League of Legends. In case you have some more solutions, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to delete and fix Astroneer corrupt save game files
- Here’s how to fix frequent Final Fantasy XV bugs
- Fix: Counter Strike: Global Offensive Issues On Windows 10
- How to fix League of Legends FPS issues on Windows
- Check out these new Xbox One games coming this week
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]
No matter if you run a business or not, if you want store data, QNAP (Quality Network Appliance Provider) Systems is probably the answer you […]
We have all sorts of applications on our PC, but sometimes certain apps can become grayed out and unable to remove. This can be a […]