Launching League of Legends on Windows 10 can sometimes be more difficult than fighting hordes of vicious enemies. Many players report they often can’t launch the game due to various error messages or simply because nothing happens when they hit the play button.
If you’re experiencing League of Legends start issues, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’re going to list a few workarounds that will help fix theses issues and launch the game.
First, let’s see how one gamer describes this issue:
I updated to the new client yesterday and everything was great. I logged out and today the launcher starts but after I hit “Launch” the launcher disappears but no client. Task Manager shows 2 instances of “League Client (32 bit)” running under ‘Background processes’ but I can’t bring it up anywhere. Trying to launch the launcher again gives me the ‘game already running’ pup-up so that’s no help.
How to fix League of Legends launch issues
1. Find the exact install location of LoL on your hard drive, which should be C:\Riot Games\League of Legends. Launch LeagueClient.exe from that directory. If this doesn’t work, go to solution 2.
1. Go to your League of Legends default install folder > go to \RADS\system
2. Locate the user.cfg file and open with Notepad
3. Change leagueClientOptIn = yes to leagueClientOptIn = no
4. Save and launch League of Legends again
5. Once it opens, go back to your LoL folder > delete the LeagueClient.exe file
6. Save and go to your League install directory and run lol.launcher.exe
7. If LoL still won’t launch, try using the launcher called “lol.launcher.admin.exe” instead.
If neither of these workarounds work, remove both the legacy client and the updated clients and perform a fresh install to fix the issue.