How to fix Lenovo E420 touchpad issues on Windows 10
4 solutions to fix Lenovo touchpad problems
- Update your OS and touchpad drivers
- Run SynTPEhn.exe and SynTPHelper.exe in compatibility mode
- Run the Hardware & Devices troubleshooter
- Additional solutions
Often people are having issues with their touchpads, so it’s not uncommon to see Lenovo E420 touchpad issues on Windows 10. If you’re having issues with your Lenovo Thinkpad E420 laptop you might want to have a look at our solutions.
Steps to fix Lenovo E420 touchpad bugs on Windows 10
Touchpad issues are relatively common. Speaking of which, some Lenovo Thinkpad E420 users are reporting that their touchpad isn’t working properly on Windows 10. This can be a big problem if you rely on your touchpad as an only input device and you don’t use a USB mouse. Although this is quite a problem, you can fix it by following these simple solutions.
Solution 1 – Update your OS and touchpad drivers
Before we start we strongly advise you that you keep your Windows 10 up to date in order to eliminate any compatibility issues. At the same time, make sure that you download latest drivers for your Lenovo Thinkpad E420 laptop.
If there are Windows 10 drivers available, make sure that you download them,. If Lenovo hasn’t released Windows 10 drivers, just download the latest ones.
If this doesn’t resolve your touchpad issues you might want to try something else.
Solution 2 – Run SynTPEhn.exe and SynTPHelper.exe in Compatibility mode for Windows 7
- Go to the Synaptics folder located in Program Files.
- Find SynTPEhn.exe and SynTPHelper.exe files in that folder. You’ll need to repeat the following steps for both files.
- Right click SynTPEhn.exe or SynTPHelper.exe and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose Windows 7 from the list.
- Click OK and then Apply to save the changes.
- Now repeat the process for the other file as well.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3 – Run the Hardware & Devices troubleshooter
Solution 4 – Additional solutions
If you still can’t use your Lenovo touchpad, here are some additional troubleshooting methods to use:
- Unplug other USB devices which may be interfering with your touchpad.
- Change Power Management options and test different option to see which one works for you.
- Run SFC scan by opening Command Prompt as an administrator, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. Restart your computer and check if this solved the issue.
As you can see, Lenovo E420 touchpad issues can cause a lot of problems. We hope that our solutions proved helpful.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Mouse or touchpad not working in Windows 10
- Here are 6 of the best touchpads for Windows computers
- Fix: Synaptics Touchpad Disabled at Windows Startup
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
In another of our regular update articles, we are going to look at Patch Tuesday updates KB4471329 and KB4471324. Microsoft released these two updates in tandem […]
The December Patch Tuesday edition hasn’t brought any major improvements to Windows 10 v1809. We all hoped these patches would finally fix all the annoying […]
Playing Solitaire is fun and relaxing whether you do it at work, on a short brake or before closing everything and heading to bed. So, […]