Fix: Lenovo E420 Touchpad Issues on Windows 10
Often people are having issues with their touchpads, so it’s not uncommon to see Lenovo E420 touchpad issues on Windows 10. If you’re having issues with your Lenovo Thinkpad E420 laptop you might want to have a look at our solutions.
How to Solve Lenovo E420 Touchpad Issues on Windows 10
Touchpad issues are relatively common and speaking of which some Lenovo Thinkpad E420 users are reporting that their touchpad isn’t working properly on Windows 10. This can be a big problem if you rely on your touchpad as an only input device and you don’t use USB mouse. Although this is quite a problem, you can fix it by following this simple solution.
Before we start we strongly advise you that you keep your Windows 10 up to date in order to eliminate any compatibility issues. At the same time make sure that you download latest drivers for your Lenovo Thinkpad E420 laptop. If there are Windows 10 drivers available make sure that you download them, but if Lenovo hasn’t released Windows 10 drivers just download the latest ones.
If this doesn’t resolve your touchpad issues you might want to try something else.
Solution – Run SynTPEhn.exe and SynTPHelper.exe in Compatibility mode for Windows 7
- Go to the Synaptics folder located in Program Files.
- Find SynTPEhn.exe and SynTPHelper.exe files in that folder. You’ll need to repeat the following steps for both files.
- Right click SynTPEhn.exe or SynTPHelper.exe and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose Windows 7 from the list.
- Click OK and then Apply to save the changes.
- Now repeat the process for the other file as well.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
As you can see, Lenovo E420 touchpad issues can cause a lot of problems, but we hope that our solution was helpful to you.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]