- Listening to music with your family and friends has never been easier than with the latest feature from Spotify.
- To enable this service, log into your Premium Spotify account, create a Group Session, and invite your friends.
- If you want to explore other useful guides, don't hesitate to bookmark our extensive How to Hub.
- To see more relevant Spotify information, check out our comprehensive Spotify page.
We all love listening to our favorite music. Whether it is used to keep us company while we’re busy, to help us go through sad moments, or to celebrate joyful moments, music has always played an integral part in human life.
Now, as technology has advanced, the quality of the sound and the way we’re experiencing music has changed, but the effect is the same.
Spotify is one of the most comprehensive music platforms that besides other incredible features, allows you to explore the world of music with your friends and family.
It is worth mentioning that this feature is going to work only between two or more Premium accounts.
In today’s article, we will talk about the Group session feature in Spotify, and we’ll also discuss how to use it efficiently. Read on for more details.
How can I listen to music together with friends in Spotify?
- Open Spotify by tapping the icon.
- Tap the Devices available button from the Now Playing toolbar.
- Tell your family members or friends to perform the same steps on their Premium account device.
- In the Devices Available window, under the Start a group session option, you will find the sharing code.
- Share the code with the friends or family members you want to have access to the Group Session.
- A friend or family member can then use this code to join your session by pointing the camera at the code.
Note: If you are the Group Session creator simply click End Session to close it. If you joined the session and want out, you can tap on the Leave Session option.
As you can see, using Spotify‘s Group Session feature is very a simple and direct process. This great Spotify feature allows you, your family, and friends to enjoy music and podcasts together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spotify’s new Group Session feature allows you to feel closer to your family and friends by listening to Spotify playlists together. It works by creating an online virtual hub that works as an audio switch.
To share your Spotify with friends, you can open the specific playlist, click the three dots button, and choose Share. Another option is to create a Spotify Group Session and listen to music together.
You can add songs to queue by dragging them onto the Play Queue button found in the sidebar, or by right-clicking a song and choosing the Add to queue option.