- Spotify is the most popular music streaming service in the world.
- Some users prefer using Spotify in their web browser, so today we’ll show you can do that as well.
- If you enjoy in services such as Spotify, we suggest that you visit our Music Streaming section.
- We covered various browser-related news, tips, and guides in our Browsers Hub, so check it out.
Spotify is currently the most popular music streaming service in the world with more than 240 million users worldwide.
Although it’s available on all major platforms, some users prefer using Spotify in their web browser since it’s more convenient for them.
In today’s article, we’ll show you how can you listen to Spotify in your web browser, so let’s get started.
How do I listen to Spotify in my web browser?
Listening to Spotify in your web browser is incredibly straightforward. The first thing that you need to do is to create a Spotify account. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Spotify’s website.
- Click the Sign up button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to create your account.
Keep in mind that signing up for Spotify is completely free, and you can use the free version as long as you want. However, the free version comes with ads and lower sound quality, so keep that in mind.
The free version also has certain limitations for both Android and iOS apps. For example, you won’t be able to choose specific songs that you want to play on your phone.
This limitation isn’t available if you’re using Spotify in your web browser though.
Once you’ve created your Spotify account, you need to sign in before you can use the Web Player. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Spotify’s website and click on Log in button.
- Enter your Spotify credentials.
- Click on the Spotify logo to go back to the main page.
- Click on the Open Web Player After doing that, a Web Player will appear.
Now you just need to search for the song or the artist that you want to play and you’re good to go.
As you can see, listening to Spotify in your web browser is incredibly simple, and you just need a Spotify account a good browser to do so.
For this guide, we used Opera browser because of its low hardware requirements. As a result, you can keep Spotify open in a separate tab and it won’t affect your performance in any way.
In addition, Opera has a built-in ad blocker, which might come in handy if you’re a Free Spotify user.
Lastly, a built-in VPN with unlimited bandwidth can be useful for trying out Spotify, especially if it’s not available in your region.
Listen to your favorite songs and playlists on Spotify from within this ultra-modern web browser!
There you go, a quick and easy way to access Spotify in your web browser.
Did you find this guide helpful? If you did, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: Learn more about Spotify
- How do I get Spotify web player on my phone?
Spotify Web player isn’t available on mobile devices. If you want to use Spotify on your phone, it’s advised to download the official phone app.
- Can you listen to Spotify online for free?
Yes, you can listen to Spotify online for free as long as it’s available in your region. However, the Free version has ads and certain limitations, so be aware of that.
- Why does Spotify web player keep pausing?
If Spotify Web player is pausing, there might be a problem with your browser cache, so it’s advised to clear it. In addition, make sure that your Internet connection is working properly.
- Does Spotify use a lot of data?
Data usage depends highly on the audio quality. On Normal quality, Spotify uses about 40 MB per hour. On High quality, Spotify will use about 70MB per hour.