Quick Fix: Low Memory Warning in Windows 10
Low memory could be one of the most annoying issues on your computer, especially if you just bought a new 8GB laptop, and you know that everything should work smooth. But luckily, there’s a solution for this annoying problem, and we hope it will be helpful to you, like it was helpful to other users.
What to do if You Have Low Memory Problem in Windows 10
According to reports, the main reason for overused memory in Windows is a memory leak, caused by some driver. So, to bring your memory usage to normal, you’ll have to either re-install or update that driver. But first thing first, you’ll have to identify which driver is causing low memory issues. Here’s how to analyze your memory usage, and determine which driver needs to be updated or reinstalled:
- Download and install WDK (Windows Driver Kit) (it is recommended to install this tool in the default location, for easier work in later steps)
- Once you’ve installed this tool, right-click on the Start Menu button, and open Command Prompt (Admin)
- Now, enter the following command into Command Prompt and press Enter:
- cd C:Program Files (x86)Windows Kits8.1Toolsx64
- Now type poolmon.exe and press Enter
- When the utility opens up, press P, to sort it according to pool type, and B to sort it according to bytes
- See which driver is ‘eating’ the most memory
Once you determined which driver is the problem, it’s easy to deal with it. You can head to Device Manager, and look for updates, or maybe you can try with re-installing that driver, it depends on your case.
All your drivers need to be updated, but doing it manually is very annoying, so we recommend you to download this driver updater tool to do it automatically.
But in case there’s no driver leak, and you’re still getting the low memory warning, you can check out our previous article about low memory in Windows, and maybe you’ll find the solution.
Browsers are widely used to access information available on the World Wide Web. Besides that, browsers are stores of information; they remember everything you do […]
Windows 10 with supported laptops and PCs offers Windows Hello feature that allows the system users to log in to their user account through facial […]
It happens that after installing a new SSD and changing the boot drive, while booting the computer you may encounter some issues. One such issue […]