Apple TV not working? Here are the best ways to fix it
- If your Apple TV is not working, don't worry. This guide provides you with valuable information to fix it fast.
- To fix this problem, first, check the cables, make sure that you try modifying the resolution, and then restart your Apple TV.
- If you want to see more detailed guides that cover a wide range of issues, visit our handy Mac Fix Hub.
- To see other useful information about Mac, don't hesitate to check our comprehensive Mac page.
Apple TV is one of the best ways to experience multimedia, but many users reported that Apple TV is not working for them. Not being able to enjoy your Apple TV content can be a problem, and in this article, we’re going to show you how to fix that.
What to do if Apple TV is not working?
1. Check your cables
If Apple TV isn’t working, make sure that it’s properly connected. Be sure to check your cables and make sure that everything is connected.
You can also try disconnecting the power cable for 30 seconds and connecting it back in and check if that solves your problem. Lastly, make sure to wake up your Apple TV by using the Home or Menu button on your remote.
2. Try changing the resolution
According to users, sometimes Apple TV isn’t working due to your resolution. If that’s the case, you’ll encounter only a black screen. To fix that, you need to do the following:
- Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD: Hold the Menu and Volume Down buttons for 5 seconds. Your Apple TV will switch through different resolutions every 20 seconds. Press OK to choose the current resolution.
- For Apple TV 2nd and 3rd generation: Hold Menu and Up buttons for 5 seconds. The device will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. Press OK to select the current resolution.
3. Restart your Apple TV
Sometimes a minor glitch might cause your Apple TV to stop working. To fix that, it’s advised that you restart your Apple TV by doing the following:
- Press and hold Menu and Home buttons.
- Keep the buttons pressed for about 10 seconds.
- When the status light on Apple TV starts blinking release the keys.
This will restart your Apple TV and hopefully fix the problem.
4. Check the HDMI port/cable
If the issue is still there, make sure that you check your HDMI cable and HDMI port. The first thing you should do is connecting your Apple TV to a different HDMI port. Alternatively, you can try using a different HDMI cable and check if that solves the problem.
In this list you could find a couple of simple solutions that might help you out if your Apple TV is not working. If our solutions helped you feel free to leave us a comment below.
FAQ: Learn more about Apple TV issues
- How do I fix an unresponsive Apple TV?
To fix an unresponsive Apple TV, you can simply restart it by pressing and holding the Menu and TV buttons on your remote until the light on the Apple TV device starts blinking rapidly.
- Why is my Apple TV not responding to remote?
First, make sure that your remote has enough power in the batteries, and then put the remote back into pairing mode by pressing the Menu and Volume up buttons on it.
- Why will my phone not connect to Apple TV?
To fix this issue restart both your phone and the Apple TV, make sure AirPlay is turned on on both devices, and ensure that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.