- If your Apple TV is not going to the main menu this will hinder your ability to use the device as intended.
- To fix this, you will need to restart your router and make sure that your Apple TV has a unique IP address.
- For more interesting and useful Mac information, don't hesitate to bookmark our Mac page.
- To never have to worry about not being able to fix Mac problems, check out our Mac Fix Hub.
Apple TV is a great way to enjoy multimedia, but some users reported that Apple TV is not going to the main menu. This can be a problem, but in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it once and for all.
What to do if Apple TV isn’t going to the main menu?
1. Restart your router
If Apple TV is not going to the main menu, perhaps you can fix the issue simply by restarting your router. To do that, press the Power button on your router, wait for 30 seconds and turn the router back on again.
After the router boots, check if the problem is still there.
2. Make sure that your Apple TV has a unique IP address
Sometimes Apple TV is not going to the main menu because it’s sharing the IP address with another device. To fix this issue, you can set a unique IP address for your Apple TV. Alternatively, you can turn off other network devices temporarily and let the router assign them new IP addresses.
3. Switch to a different Wi-Fi network
According to users, you might be able to fix this problem simply by switching to a different Wi-Fi network. As a workaround, you can use your phone as a hotspot or take your ATV to a friend’s house in order to connect to a different network. While connected to a different network, some users are suggesting to try signing in to the iTunes Store.
After doing that, the issue should be resolved.
4. Log out of iTunes on other devices
Sometimes this issue can occur because you’re logged in to iTunes on another device. To fix the problem, you need to access that device and log out of iTunes and check if that solves the issue. One user reported this issue while having a device logged in and stuck in iTunes, but after force quitting iTunes, the issue was resolved.
These are a couple of solutions that can help you if Apple TV is not going to the main menu. If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: Learn more about Apple TV
- How do I fix an unresponsive Apple TV?
The best way to resolve this problem is to press the Menu and Home buttons on your Apple TV remote, and stop pressing only when the light on your Apple TV device starts blinking.
- Is it worth getting an Apple TV?
It all depends on your way of passing time. Apple TV is for those that enjoy streaming content on their TV without the need to connect their laptop or other devices.
- How do I reset my Apple TV without a remote?
To reset your Apple TV without a remote, open iTunes on your laptop, connect a USB cable to the back of the device, and to your laptop, then plug in the power cord, and wait for the light on the device to blink rapidly. Next, iTunes should have recognized your device, and you can simply click Restore.