Is a screen protector necessary for MacBook? We answer
- This guide explains what the screen protector is, how does it work, and also how to choose if you need one.
- To make sure that you keep your laptop in pristine conditions, investing in a screen protector is a good idea.
- If you want to check out more useful Mac guides, feel free to visit our extensive Mac Fix page.
- To have useful information handy at any point in time, don't forget to bookmark our Mac Hub.
If you recently got a new MacBook, you want to protect it from any accidental damage. In such instances, a screen protector might come in handy, but is a screen protector really necessary? We’ll try to answer this question today, so let’s get started.
Is a screen protector necessary for MacBook? Here is the answer
1. What is a screen protector?
A screen protector is usually made from glass and it comes with an adhesive surface that sticks to your MacBook screen.
2. What does a screen protector do?
A screen protector will protect your screen from any accidental damage from dirt and debris that might get stuck in your keyboard.
In addition, the screen protector also protects your screen from fingerprint smudges. By using a screen protector, you’ll ensure that your screen is in the exact condition as it was when you bought your MacBook.
3. What are some drawbacks of a screen protector?
While screen protector will keep your screen safe from tiny scratches, it has its share of drawbacks. Some screen protectors might look a bit bulky and out of place on your MacBook. This isn’t a problem when working, but it will be noticeable that you’re using a screen protector. This isn’t an issue, aside from an aesthetic standpoint.
If you’re not too worried about aesthetics, you should know that some screen protectors will produce screen glare, and that might be noticeable while you work. Keep in mind that this varies from screen protector to screen protector, so if you’re buying one for your MacBook, go for the one with anti-glare features.
4. Should you use a screen protector?
For most users, using a screen protector is not a necessity. However, tiny damage such as scratches from debris on your keyboard might occur after a while. If you want to keep your screen in top-notch condition, then you should consider getting a screen protector.
However, keep in mind that some screen protectors produce glare and most models might not look aesthetically pleasing while using them.
As you can see, a screen protector for your MacBook isn’t mandatory as long as you use it properly and carefully, and in most cases, you won’t even need one.
FAQ: Learn more about screen protectors on Mac
- Does MacBook Pro screen scratch easily?
No, the MacBook Pro doesn’t scratch easily, but if you want to ensure that your laptop screen looks like new for a long time, it is recommended that you use a screen protector.
- Why does my Mac screen have scratches?
Your Mac screen can get scratches by either using a microfiber cloth or by putting pressing on the laptop while the lid is closed. To avoid the latter, place a soft cloth between the keyboard and the screen when closing the laptop.
- Can I clean my Mac screen with alcohol?
Yes, but it is recommended that you dilute the solution, and not use pure alcohol on your screen.