- Microsoft Office is the most used office suite, and it’s available on both Mac and PC.
- Many Mac users reported issues with Microsoft Error Reporting, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix them.
- We covered Microsoft Office issues in the past, so be sure to check our dedicated Office section for more articles.
- If you’re a Mac user and you’re having additional problems, visit our Mac Hub for more useful guides like this one.
Microsoft Office is available on Mac computers, however, many users reported issues with Microsoft Error Reporting on their Mac.
This is a component of Microsoft Office, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix problems with it once and for all.
How can I fix Microsoft Error Reporting problems on Mac?
1. Update macOS and Office
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Now go to the Software Update section.
- If any updates are available, click on Update Now to download them.
To update Office applications, do the following:
- Open any Office application.
- Click on Help > Check for Updates.
- Install any available updates.
2. Disable Cite while you write feature
- Open Word.
- Click on the EndNote menu and select Customizer.
- Uncheck the Cite while you write
- Save changes.
This method will help you if the Microsoft Error Reporting window appears while shutting down your Mac, but it might work in other cases as well.
3. Disable Microsoft Error Reporting
- Close all Microsoft apps.
- Now go to Library > Application Support > Microsoft > MERP2.0.
- Start Microsoft Error Reporting.app.
- Go to Microsoft Error Reporting > Preferences.
- Clear the checkbox and save changes.
After doing that, Microsoft Error Reporting should be disabled completely.
4. Remove Microsoft Error Reporting
- Create a backup just in case.
- Open the Terminal.
- Now run the following command:
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Microsoft\ *.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Microsoft\ Error\ Reporting.app/
After running this command, Microsoft Error Reporting should be removed. Keep in mind that this might cause unexpected issues.
Microsoft Error Reporting window appears when an Office application is closed suddenly. This message won’t cause problems with your Mac, but it can be rather annoying.
We hope that this article was helpful to you and that you managed to resolve problems with Microsoft Error Reporting.
FAQ: Learn more about Microsoft Error Reporting
- How do I get rid of Microsoft Error Reporting on Mac?
To get rid of Microsoft Error Reporting, try updating macOS and Office or simply remove Microsoft Office and install it again.
- What does Microsoft Error Reporting mean?
Microsoft Error Reporting is a message that appears if Word stops working suddenly. This also applies to other Office products.
- Why is Microsoft Office so slow on Mac?
There are various reasons for this, but the most common ones are cache files, damaged installation, or other software.