Maize issues: game crashes, motion blur, and more
Maize is a first-person adventure game where corn fields become sentient. This happened because two scientists misinterpreted a memo from the U.S. Government and created sentient corn. From that moment on, a series of unbelievable events will unfold.
Gamers will explore an abandoned farm and an underground research facility as they uncover the mysteries around Maize. The game has a colourful cast of characters and depicts an absolutely absurd world. It’s a unique gaming experience that keeps the surprises coming.
And by surprises we also mean game bugs. Judging by gamers’ reports, Maize brings its fair share of issues that sometimes severely limit the gaming experience.
Maize reported issues
1. Maize crashes on start up: gamers report that when they hit the Launch button, the game stops working and an error message appears on the screen.
I hit ‘launch’ and immediately get a “maize.exe has stopped working” message. I’ve varified the game catch and it says all files are verified. Went into the steam folder and tried to play as administrator and recieve the error message that “api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll” is missing. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing changed.
2. Motion blur: gamers complain that the motion blur is very strong, making their eyes hurt. The game developers offered a quick workaround to fix this issue. Here are the steps to follow:
- Run the game at least once, then quit
- Hit the Windows key and type %localappdata%\Maize
- Hit enter and this will open a Windows Explorer window
- Navigate to \Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
- Open Engine.ini
- Copy and paste the following to the bottom of the file and save.
- Launch Maize.
3. Graphics issues: quite a significant number of players are affected by FPS rate drops, lagging, and texture bugs.
Hi there. I’m having a rather alarming amount of fps drops, lagging, textures popping in, going blank, and popping back in. As far as I can tell, I’m around the recommended spec (i5-2400 @ 3.1GHz, 8gb RAM, RX 480 8gb). Verified the cache, checked for driver updates. etc. Not even trying to play at the highest settings. Just want 60fps on medium.
Gamers also report that some objects appear completely faded, if not simply pitch black, as you can see on the screenshot below.
4. No mouse invert option: Finish Line Games explained that mouse invert is unavailable due to the time crunch at the end. However, the game developers also said they are considering adding this feature to a future update.
Can you please add the option to invert the mouse y-axis? Why do you left it out? 🙁 Unplayable for me.
These are the most frequent Maize bugs reported by gamers. If you’ve encountered other issues that we didn’t list in this article, use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience. Also, you can report these bugs on the game’s official Steam page or on Maize’s official website.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Square Enix acknowledges five FFXV issues, asks gamers for more details
- Watch Dogs 2 Hi-Res Texture Pack won’t install on Uplay, gamers complain
- Bullet Sorrow is a great VR game compatible with HTC Vive
Microsoft has finally started rolling out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update to the general public. As expected, this release brings a bunch of issues […]
FIFA 19 is Electronic Arts’ football simulation video game. This is the most popular football simulator game with millions of active players. Many users reported […]
From the old days of hundreds of CDs and DVDs, larger and larger hard drives, to cloud services now, gaming has grown significantly. The need […]