MEGA Privacy brings 50GB of free cloud storage space to Windows 10
Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive’s privacy policies might make some users a bit nervous. Fortunately, there is another option: the privacy advocate MEGA’s cloud storage and file sharing app. The app is currently available in open beta in Windows Store after being in closed beta.
MEGA privacy app’s features
The app provides you 50GB of free storage space and your data will be encrypted and decrypted by your client devices only, and never by the company itself. In other words, they never become aware of what your online archive contains.
You can upload your files from your smartphone or your tablet and search, store, download, stream, view, share, rename, and also delete your files. You will also be able to share folders with your contacts and check out their updates in real time.
Due to the fact that everything is encrypted with your own personal key, the company won’t be able to reset your password. In case you lose it, you will also lose access to all your data, the hallmark of an actual secure device.
If you fill up your 50 GB, you will be able to upgrade your storage space and transfer quota with a monthly/yearly subscription. Here are the available options:
- PRO LITE subscription: €4.99 ($4.99) each month or €49.99 ($49.99) each year for 200 GB storage space and a 1TB of transfer quota each month
- PRO I subscription: €9.99 ($9.99) each month or €99.99 ($99.99) every year for 1 TB of storage space and a 3TB of transfer quota every month
- PRO II subscription: €19.99 ($19.99) every month or €199.99 ($199.99) every year for 4 TB of storage space and a 8TB of transfer quota every month
- PRO III subscription: €29.99 ($29.99) every month or €299.99 ($299.99) every year for 8 TB of storage space and a 16TB of transfer quota every month
The pricing plans may vary according to on your country. Find the app in the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft 365 is the company’s new cloud services bundle for businesses
- Fix: Windows 10 iCloud Calendar not syncing with Outlook
- How to fix iCloud in Windows 10 if it’s not working
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]