Insiders may have noticed that a new feature is available on the latest Windows 10 build. Cortana now has a family finder option that allows you to know more about your child’s whereabouts.
This features has three main roles:
- helps you to find your child by providing your with his/ her exact location
- sends you notifications about your child’s location
- sends you notifications when your child is near a particular location.
This is a very useful feature especially for parents allowing them to know where their child is at any given moment. Kids often get lost and this feature can really help parents by pinpointing exactly where the child is. Also, when they go out, teenagers also tend to lie about their location, so this app could be an excellent means for parents to double-check their child’s affirmations. Of course, the most difficult task is to install the app on the teenager’s phone without him/ her noticing that.
In order for the Family Finder app to work, you have to install it both on your device (PC or mobile) and on the phone whose owner you want to locate.
If you are an Insider, go to the About Me section for Cortana / Notebook and check this app out. Or if you have an Android phone, download it from Google Play.
If you like this type of apps, you can also test out Life360 Family Locator from the Microsoft Store. This app lets you create groups and offers a series of interesting features:
Find family & friend locations on a private Map
Know when your family is safe or needs help
Chat one-on-one or with everyone within each of your Circles
Get alerted when a Circle member reaches a destination
Track a stolen or lost phone
Parents with children can also use Life360 Family Locator App to gain peace of mind knowing their kids are in a safe location or are heading to the predetermined destination.
Microsoft will most likely roll out its Family Finder app with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Edition could land in July
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update to get Picture in Picture feature
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update to get better looking emojis
- Windows 10 anniversary update brings a single unified store across devices