Download and install Microsoft InfoPath on Windows 10
Over the years we saw all sorts of great tools from Microsoft. Many of these tools have a big number of users and fans worldwide, but unfortunately some of these tools had to be discontinued. One of these tools is Microsoft InfoPath, and today we’re going to show you how to install it on Windows 10.
How to install Microsoft InfoPath on Windows 10?
Microsoft InfoPath is a software designed for creating and filling electronic forms. This application comes “with what you see is what you get” form designer that allows you to quickly add input fields, text boxes, buttons and other elements.
InfoPath was first introduced as a part of Microsoft Office 2003, but in January 2014 Microsoft announced its plans to discontinue this application. According to Microsoft, InfoPath will be replaced by a new more cross-platform solution. However, Microsoft still offers support for InfoPath and it will continue to support it until April 2023.
It’s worth mentioning that InfoPath 2013 is available as a standalone application for download, therefore we decided to download it and give it a try. Bear in mind that this version of InfoPath requires ProPlus Office365 subscription. Regarding the compatibility, InfoPath 2013 is fully compatible with Office 2016.
InfoPath is usually used by companies to collect data and to store it on a local computer or on a web server hosted on SharePoint. In order to fill InfoPath form, the user needs to have InfoPath Filler or InfoPath Designer, but users can also fill the forms by using a web browser. This method doesn’t require that users install InfoPath, but it requires that InfoPath file is uploaded to a server that runs InfoPath Form Services.
If you wish to download and install Microsoft InfoPath on Windows 10, you can do that by following these steps:
- Go to Microsoft InfoPath download page.
- Click the Download button.
- Check the version you want to download. If you have a 64-bit version of Windows we advise that you download the 64-bit version of InfoPath. Once you select the version you want click the Next button.
- Wait for the InfoPath to download.
- When the download is completed, locate the setup file and double click it.
- Read the license agreement, check the I accept the terms of this agreement and click Continue.
- Now you can choose between express installation and customized installation. If you want to install Microsoft InfoPath to a different directory or choose what components you want to install, click the Customize button. If you want to install the software to the default directory click the Install Now button.
- Wait until Microsoft InfoPath installs.
- Once the setup is completed, click the Close button.
After completing the setup, you can start the application by following these steps:
- Double click the InfoPath Designer 2013 shortcut.
- You’ll be asked to install the updates for Office and other Microsoft software. Choose any of these options and click Accept.
- Now you’ll be offered to register InfoPath 2013. This program is available as a free trial for 30 days, but if you want to use a full version you need to activate it online.
- After activation InfoPath Designer should start. You’ll have the option to choose from several available templates.
- After choosing the template, you’ll be able to customize it anyway you want.
Microsoft InfoPath works great with Windows 10, however keep in mind that this isn’t a free software, therefore be sure to activate it as soon as you can.
- Office 365 ransomware spreads using Outlook’s help
- Office Online extension coming to Microsoft Edge
- Cortana can now search your content in Office 365
- How to download and install Photosynth on Windows 10
- How to download and install Windows Essentials on Windows 10
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]