Microsoft to unveil Office 2019 previews in mid-2018
The upcoming Office 2019 is set to launch sometime in the second half of next year, Microsoft announced at its Ignite event in Orlando. The company also said that preview builds will become available in the middle of next year.
Office 2019 will bring with lots of new features
Even if Microsoft is in love with the cloud, the company knows not every customer is ready to immerse itself in the cloud. Because of that, Office 2019 will bring lots of new and exciting features that won’t be cloud-specific, with the company itself describing the suite as a valuable upgrade for customers who feel like they need to keep some or all of their apps and servers on-premises.
For now, we don’t have much about the upcoming Office 2019, so it’s pretty hard to tell you exactly what new features are on their way and what new improvements the company will use to lure more users into upgrading to the newest version of Office.
Confirmed improvements and new features for Office 2019
The company promised that more information about Office 2019’s new features would arrive in the following months, but Microsoft already confirmed perpetual versions of Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and servers (Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint).
Office 2019 will also include new user and IT functionality for customers who aren’t ready to switch to the cloud. These include the following:
- New improved inking features that will allow you to work more naturally (tilt effects, pressure sensitivity, ink replay)
- New charts and formulas for making data analysis for Excel more powerful
- Visual animation features such as Zoom and Morph for adding polish to PowerPoint presentations
Server enhancements will bring updates to IT manageability, voice, usability, and of course security. More details are scheduled to come in the upcoming months.
As you can see, there’s plenty of features worth waiting for!
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft 365 is the company’s new cloud services bundle for businesses
- Surface Phone and other third-party Windows phones to arrive next year
- Time tracking software: The best tools to boost your productivity
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]