Microsoft releases critical patch for Internet Explorer and graphics
Microsoft released an important patch recently designed to fix problems with Internet Explorer and graphics-related issues. The patch also dealt with problems in Microsoft Edge, among other things that are highly important.
Other issues this patch is designed to fix include the memory corruption flaws found in Microsoft Office along with a Graphics RCE vulnerability situated in Microsoft’s important application suite. If you’re still a Windows Journal user for some reason, there’s an important fix in this patch that needs to be downloaded, as well. Its issue can allow attackers to remotely execute software on your machine, so it is very important for the user to install the patch and protect their computer system.
There’s also a flaw in Windows Shell capable of allowing a website hosting dangerous malware to inject code into your computer. This is different from the high CPU usage caused by Windows Shell Experience host of which there’s a fix.
Here is more information on the flaws addressed by the recent patch, compiled and provided by The Register:
• MS16-058 Internet Information Services gets an important fix that would stop an infection if a user is dumb enough to download a malicious app and try to run it on their machine.
• MS16-059 A flaw in Windows Media Center would allow pwnage if a specially crafted (.mcl) file containing malware is run by the application.
• MS16-060 There’s a fix for Windows Kernel that would allow an attacker to raise privileges from a simple user to admin-level control, which is particularly dangerous considering some of the critical flaws in May’s bundle.
• MS16-061 Microsoft has fixed a similar privilege escalation flaw in the Remote Procedure Call protocol for Windows with this fix.
We urge PC users to download this patch right away because it mends several security risks present in Windows right now. Malware attackers will no doubt be tuning into the document to learn of what can be exploited in hopes to infect a computer that hasn’t been updated in a long time.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: There is a problem with this website’s security certificate Windows 10
- Microsoft blocking some Windows patches from manual download
- April Patch Tuesday brings security updates for Windows 10, IE, Microsoft Edge more
The gaming community is eagerly waiting for the release of Gears of War 5. The Coalition confirmed that this version is bringing many different modes. […]
Windows product key is important on several counts, especially if you’re trying to reinstall Windows 10. And you never know when that is going to […]
A number of Linksys users have reported that their routers show them this error message: Invalid IP address range. Having this issue will not allow […]