Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Microsoft is about to kick off the 2023 Store App Awards event.
- If you want to promote a certain app as the best, be sure to vote.
- Store Software will be judged on some pretty strict criteria this year.
No, we aren’t making a top 10 Microsoft Store apps, but guess who is actually doing it? If you guessed Microsoft, then you are correct.
In case you didn’t know, last year, Microsoft kicked off the annual Microsoft Store App Awards event to recognize high-quality Windows apps available in the Microsoft Store.
According to the Redmond tech company, Microsoft Store App Awards has become the most anticipated event for the Microsoft Store community.
And, users and developers can now nominate their favorite projects to participate in voting for the 2023 season awards.
Gear up to vote your most trusted Store apps
Indeed, Microsoft invites everyone to let the company know about the apps that have made your Windows experience unforgettable.
In fact, the Microsoft Store App Awards event supports developers by spreading the word about their projects.
Naturally, it also inspires other developers and lets regular customers enhance their Windows experience with new high-quality applications.
The tech giant mentioned that it wants to look at apps both big and small, by huge brands and also by individuals and indie developers.
If you know one or a few apps worthy of participation in the community voting, you can submit your entries using the official form.
However, just keep in mind that the nominations are not voting, as Microsoft only accepts participating apps for now, and the voting will be announced later.
Furthermore, it is also important to know that your nominee should match each of the following criteria:
- Availability: the app should be available in the Microsoft Store in at least one region by the end of March 2023.
- Compatibility: the app should be fully functional on Windows 11, not only Windows 10.
- Quality: the app’s rating must be 3.5 stars and higher, with at least 50 ratings.
- No abandonware: the app should have received at least one meaningful update over the past 12 months.
Also, there are no limits on entry numbers, so feel free to nominate a bunch of applications, using one form for one project.
The Redmond tech giant will ask you to provide the app’s name, URL, outstanding qualities, and a brief explanation of why you think the project is worthy of nomination.
Note that Microsoft will stop accepting entries on March 29th at midnight PT, so you better get on it if you want to participate.
What app do you feel should be crowned the winner of this contest? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.