- Several users have reported that after updating with Windows 11 they are facing Microsoft Store update stuck on pending when downloading an app.
- One of the effective ways to fix this problem is to reset the Microsoft Store app.
- Another good option is to check if you have installed the latest update for Windows 11.
- Following our curated list of solutions, you should be able to fix the problem on your PC.
The Microsoft Store is the hub for your Windows 11 PC from where you can download official apps and games that work out of the box.
If you are interested, you can check out our guide on some of the best apps you can download for your Windows 11 PC.
Having said that, the Microsoft Store sometimes malfunctions and throws up a few errors. Recently, several users have reported that they aren’t able to update any app or game from the Microsoft Store. Notably, the Microsoft Store update is stuck on pending on their Windows 11 PC.
On top of this, they aren’t even able to stop them, and the download just does not complete from the Microsoft Store.
If you are also facing the Microsoft Store update stuck on a pending issue on your Windows 11 PC, and are looking for solutions to fix it, then you are in the right place.
Because, in this guide, we will share with you some effective methods, that will help you fix Microsoft Store download pending problem.
What are the potential reasons behind Microsoft Store update stuck on pending issue on Windows 11?
Before we go ahead and look at the solutions for fixing this issue, it is important to understand the potential reasons behind this problem.
For starters, there isn’t a specific reason for this error. Multiple users have reported the Microsoft Store download pending, or Microsoft Store stuck on pending problem in the past as well.
Since, Microsoft released its latest operating system last year, i.e. Windows 11, users who have installed it are facing this problem on their newly upgraded PCs.
Here are some of the reasons behind this error:
- Faulty internet connection
- Use of a Virtual Proxy Network (VPN)
- Corrupted cache files
- Incorrect date and time settings
- Insufficient storage space
- Microsoft Store is not updated
- Latest Windows OS update not installed
Now that you have some information about what could be the reason behind this problem, let us check out the solutions via which you can fix Microsoft Store stuck on pending issue on Windows 11.
How can I fix the Microsoft Store download pending error on Windows 11?
1. Check your internet connection
If your internet connection is having issues, or you are connected to a faulty network, then not only will you come across this Microsoft Store error, but other issues on your PC as well.
Besides, it is impossible to not only access the Microsoft Store but also download apps from it. Therefore, we recommend you check your internet connection.
Alternatively, you can also switch over to a different Wi-Fi connection. If you use a wired connection, then make sure the cable and modem are properly attached and working.
2. Disable VPN or manual proxy setting
VPN or Virtual Proxy Network is best when you are trying to access websites that aren’t available in your region or are restricted by your government.
Moreover, a VPN lets you stay anonymous by hiding your IP address and connecting it to a proxy location. But VPN services may interfere with app downloads and installation from the Microsoft Store.
In such a case, you should close the VPN app that you are using. If by any chance you have a manual proxy server setup on your Windows 11 PC, then you need to turn it off.
- Press the Windows + I buttons together on your keyboard to open the Settings page. From the left side pane, select Network & internet.
- Now select Proxy tab from the right-side list of options.
- Under Manual proxy setup section, click on the Set up button next to Use a proxy server option.
- At last, toggle off the Use a proxy server option. Hit the Save button and exit. That’s it!
3. Check date and time settings
- Press the Windows + I buttons together on your keyboard to open the Settings page.
- Select Time and Language from the left hand pane. Select Date & Time from the right-side.
- Under Date & time menu, make sure to turn on the Set time automatically and Set your time zone automatically options.
Another thing that you can do is to hit the Sync now button under the Additional settings section. This will sync your date and time with the Windows Time Server.
Once everything is done, you can now check if the Microsoft Store update stuck on pending error is fixed or not on your Windows 11 PC.
4. Reset Microsoft Store
- Press the Windows + I buttons together on your keyboard to open the Settings page. Then click on Apps and choose Apps & Features.
- Search for Microsoft Store under the App list search bar. Click on the 3-dot menu icon and select Advanced options.
- Scroll down and click on the Reset button.
The Microsoft Store app data will now be reset, but all the apps that you have installed on your Windows 11 PC will remain intact.
5. Run the Windows troubleshooter
- Open the Start menu and search for Troubleshoot Settings. Open it.
- In the newly opened window, select the Other troubleshooters option.
- Scroll down and click on the Run button next to Windows Store Apps.
- The troubleshooter will detect the issues with Microsoft Store and attempt to fix it along the way.
6. Clear the software distribution folder
The Software Distribution folder is the place where temporary files are stored on your Windows 11 PC. You can check if clearing the software distribution folder helps in fixing the Microsoft Store not downloading apps issue on your PC.
- Open File Explorer, and navigate to This PC and open the Local Disk C Drive (C:).
- Double-click the Windows folder and then open SoftwareDistribution.
- Select all files and delete it.
7. Run SFC Scan
System File Checker, in short, SFC Scan is another in-built Windows tool that checks for missing or corrupt system files and fixes them during the process.
There might be some important Microsoft Store files that are missing or have been corrupted. You can fix this by using the SFC Scan on your PC.
- Search for Command Prompt in the Start menu. Open it as an administrator.
- Type in the below command and press Enter:
Your system will now be checked by the System File Checker, and if it finds missing or corrupt files, it will repair them.
After the process is complete, simply reboot your PC and see if this fixes the Microsoft Store stuck on pending error on your Windows 11 PC.
8. Relogin your Microsoft account
To use this solution, you need to sign out of the Microsoft Store and reconnect your Microsoft account. Often, due to some missing steps, Microsoft fails to fetch the important data connected to your account, which could be the reason for this error.
- So, to reconnect your account, open the Microsoft Store app and tap on the profile icon. Select the Sign out option.
- Re-open the Microsoft Store and click on the Sign in button. Enter your Microsoft account credentials. Click continue and proceed ahead with reconnecting your account.
9. Update Microsoft Store
Just like you need to keep all of your apps up to date, you also need to keep the Microsoft Store updated as well.
Microsoft rolls out a store update not so frequently, but when it does, it brings fixes for issues such as Microsoft Store stuck on pending on Windows 11.
To resolve this, open the Microsoft Store app and head over to the Library. If a new update is available for the Microsoft Store, it will be listed here along with other apps.
10. Install latest Windows 11 update
If none of the above solutions helps you fix the issue, then as a last resort, we would advise you to check if a new update is available for your Windows 11 PC.
- Press the Windows + I buttons together on your keyboard to open the Windows Settings page. Click on Windows Update on the right-side pane.
- Now click on the Check for updates button.
How to solve other common Microsoft Store issues?
Well, Windows 11 users aren’t only experiencing this particular download pending issue with the Microsoft Store. Multiple other common problems have been troubling users for quite some time.
For some users, the Microsoft Store keeps crashing on their Windows 11 PC. If you are one of the users who is experiencing this problem, please see our dedicated guide on how to fix Microsoft Store keeps crashing on Windows 11.
Some users have reported that for them, the Microsoft Store shows an acquiring license prompt when downloading or updating an app. Once the prompt shows up the process get stopped and users fail to update the apps or games.
If you are experiencing this problem, then we have a dedicated guide on how to fix Microsoft Store Acquiring license errors. Following this guide, you will possibly be able to fix another common problem with Microsoft Store.
Let us know in the comments below which of the above-mentioned solutions helped you resolve the Microsoft Store stuck on pending error on Windows 11.