This Surface concept design might revolutionize hybrid devices by 2022
The Surface line of hybrid devices caught the entire market by surprise when it first came out. Over the years, Microsoft has continued to bring out bigger and better versions of the Surface device, amazing the user base and bringing new fans into the Microsoft family.
While eager fans await news about the latest in the Surface line of devices, but until that happens, they have something else to feast their eyes upon. A determined and obviously passionate designer by the name of Emad Rahimi created a concept design for what he believes Microsoft’s Surface line will look like in the year 2022.
So, what is Vision 2022?
Titled Vision 2022, Rahimi’s concept of a futuristic Surface device presents an overall picture of things that are not yet available, but don’t seem that far away either, a bitter-sweet combination of “what we don’t have” and “what we’ll have soon enough.”
The hybrid device showcased in a series of demonstrative slides presents numerous characteristics of what a powerful and smart gadget would look like in 2022, based on the direction tech is taking in our time, today.
The characteristics of the Surface Vision 2022
- The device measures no more than 7 inches in thickness, making it an extremely slim device which is easy to carry around and maneuver
- The device is designed out of a high-end alloy and not cheap plastic, enhancing not only its appearance but also its durability and functionality
- There is no sign of any buttons as the entire surface is one big trackpad that can be customized as the highly sensitive surface lights up to display buttons
- Users would also have a super light smart touch pen at their disposal which would be used for many creative and productivity tasks, saving time and effort
- The hybrid would also have two USB C ports, offering powerful USB support for data transfer and management
- The two panels that make up the device would be connected, as in reality it would be just one big bendable screen surface, similar to the OLED and POLED bendable screen designs suggested by LG or Samsung
- The device would feature high-end processing power developed by Intel, which would fit into such a small design without compromising power
Interesting facts about the Vision 2022
- Rahimi’s project came about due to his passion for modern technology and the promise of a high tech near future, granted by the already available iterations of Microsoft’s Surface hybrid
- The designer claims that it took him five months to complete the concept design for the Vision 2022
While there’s still a long way to go until 2022 arrives, it’s most interesting to think about the possibilities presented by the current level of technology. As the big tech companies begin to explore yet unchartered territory such as bendable displays, the consumer base can hope for huge payoffs by the time 2022 is here, such as the Surface Vision 2022 hybrid design concept.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Lenovo’s Miix 520 2-in-1 device is the perfect Microsoft Surface clone
- Microsoft Surface Pro performance suffers due to throttling issues
- Protect your Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with this UAG military grade case
Are you having problems while trying to log in to your Microsoft account? In that case, you will most likely receive the following alert: ‘The […]