- Microsoft Teams is a versatile collaboration and productivity solution that's becoming more and more popular in the business world
- The tools suports one-on-one chat, team chat, file sharing, document collaboration and much more
- If you're trying to log in, but you're getting an error message prompting you to contact your admin, this guide can help you to fix it
- Don't forget to check out our in-depth Microsoft Teams section for more useful guides.
Microsoft Teams is a popular productivity software that offers a shared workspace to chat, meet, share files and work with business apps.
However, Microsoft Teams users reported a rather unusual Microsoft Teams error you’re missing out! aks your admin to enable Microsoft Teams for while trying to login to the app.
A quick search would show you more users have reported this error in the Microsoft Community Forums.
I just woke up to this message and even though I still have access confirmed by one of my superior for some reason Teams won’t log in from any platform. Since they tried to delete and re-add me and this didn’t solve the issue I wanted to reach out to the community if something similar happened to anyone?
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve this error on your Windows computer.
How to fix Microsoft Teams error you’re missing out
1. Assign License for Microsoft Teams
- Go to Office 365 Admin Center.
- Click on Users and select Active Users.
- Select the user and click on Edit for Product License.
- Check “Microsoft Teams” box for the selected user.
- Now ask the affected user to login to their Microsoft Teams app and check if the Microsoft Teams error you’re missing out error is resolved.
2. Enable Guest Access
If you are using Microsoft Teams in an education institution, you may want to enable to Guest Access in your tenant before the student can access the Microsoft Teams dashboard without getting Microsoft Teams error you’re missing out.
- First sign in to your Microsoft Office 365 with your admin account.
- From the Dashboard, go to Settings > Services & add-in.
- Click on Microsoft Teams.
- From the top-right corner, click the drop-down menu under the section “Setting by user/license type“.
- Select Guest from Business and Enterprise.
- Enable Microsoft Teams by toggling the On switch.
- Click Save to save the changes.
- Now ask your student to access Microsoft Teams app and check for any improvements.
3. Clear Local Cache
- Open File Explorer app.
- Navigate to the following location:
- Delete all the files in this folder. If UAC asks for confirmation, click on Yes.
- After that, navigate to the following location:
- Delete all the files in this folder as well.
- Reboot the system and launch Microsoft Teams desktop app. Try to sign in and check if the error is resolved.
By following the steps in this article you can resolve the Microsoft Teams error you’re missing out issue.
- Go to the Office 365 Admin Center and select Settings
- Then click on Services & Add-Ins option
- Now, select Microsoft Teams and the settings pane will appear on the screen
- How do I get my Microsoft Teams administrator certification?
In order to become certified as a Microsoft Teams administrator, you need to get Microsoft 365 certified. Teams is now part of the Office 365 Suite and having the Microsoft 365 certifications qualifies you for a job as a Microsoft Teams admin.