- MLB.tv is a streaming service that you can use to watch all baseball games. However, it frequently blocks out certain viewers due to their geographical position.
- Discover how to use a VPN to bypass MLB.tv blackouts and watch baseball games from any part of the world. But you still need an MLB.tv subscription.
- Join our Streaming VPN section to find out what other streaming platforms you can use with a VPN.
- Visit our Unblocking Hub to discover more practical ways of using a VPN.
If you have an MLB.tv subscription, you might be interested in a simple workaround to bypass blackouts and watch all baseball games, no matter where you are.
Does MLB.tv work with VPN?
Yes, MLB.tv works with VPN.
Using a virtual private network solution is the best way to get around MLB.tv blackouts. Granted, it’s not free, but you can count on a premium VPN to not only unblock streaming services like MLB.tv but also to protect your online privacy and digital security.
You might be tempted to use a free VPN, especially since the market is full of them, particularly on Android and iOS. However, free VPNs are notoriously dangerous for compromising your privacy and exposing you to all kinds of malware.
On the other hand, premium VPNs are worth the money because they’re built to keep you safe online no matter what. And here’s how you can use a VPN as a workaround to bypass MLB.tv blackouts. Keep in mind that you still require an MLB.tv active subscription plan.
How can I bypass MLB.tv blackouts with a VPN?
- Sign up for a premium VPN (we used PIA in our tests and it’s great).
- Download and set up the VPN on your device.
- Open the application and connect to a VPN server*.
- Using your web browser, sign in to your MLB.tv account.
- Enjoy MLB.tv live streaming!
*Make sure to connect to a VPN server in a region that’s not affected by the MLB.tv blackout.
We recommend using Private Internet Access (PIA) because it’s the best VPN for accessing blocked websites and bypassing firewalls. Made by Kape Technologies, PIA provides you with more than 3,300 VPN servers in 48 countries.
You can use PIA to not only hide your IP address and location but also to redirect all network traffic through VPN servers and encrypt your data. This way, you can defend your device from hacker attacks.
Private Internet Access supports OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols, SOCKS5 and Shadowsocks proxy, exclusive DNS servers, an ad and malware blocker, a kill switch, split-tunneling mode, and native port forwarding.
What else you must know about PIA:
- Protects up to 10 devices
- Works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, routers
- No logs or leaks
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Private Internet AccessUse this fast and secure VPN as a workaround to bypass MLB.tv blackouts.
How can I watch MLB.tv without a VPN?
If you wish to try other workarounds besides a VPN to bypass MLB.tv blackouts, you can look into proxy servers, Smart DNS tools, and Internet circumvention apps like Psiphon or Lantern.
These solutions are capable of spoofing your geographical position in order to get around the MLB.tv restrictions. But you can’t count on them to encrypt your data traffic and keep you safe from cyber-criminals.
You should also give Opera a shot if you want to try its free VPN servers with MLB.tv. It’s an intuitive, speedy, and secure web browser with a built-in virtual private network solution.
OperaTry Opera's free VPN service to overcome MLB.tv blackouts at no cost.
In conclusion, there are several workarounds you can try to bypass MLB.tv blackouts, like using a Smart DNS service, proxy server, Internet circumvention tool, or free VPN.
However, the best way to do it is by turning to a premium VPN like Private Internet Access, which ensures online privacy and security for your entire computer.