How to set up global proxy server in Windows 10 PC
Proxy servers are computers that act as intermediate agents between the internet and an individual’s computer. It allows users to make indirect connections to other networks. A proxy server is used mainly to share the internet connection, hide IP addresses, save bandwidth, surf anonymously, bypass security, bypass regional restrictions, and more. As you can see, there are many benefits of using a global proxy server.
Fortunately, it is fairly easy to know how to set up Global Proxy server in Windows 10. Below, you will find detailed information on how to set up a proxy server for personal or business use.
More then a proxy, which only secures your torrent client or web browser, VPN (Virtual Private Network) encrypted tunneling secures 100% of all your internet access. We recommend CyberGhost VPN, a leader on the VPN market with enhanced security and great customer support.
How to set up Global Proxy server in Windows 10?
Method 1A – Automatic Windows 10 proxy option
First made available on Windows 8.1, this feature has several advantages over other options in this list. For instance, the automatic Windows 10 Proxy setup is probably the easiest way to configure a proxy. Also, you can trust this feature as it is not offered by a third party. Follow these steps to get started:
- Open the Windows Menu and click on the Settings icon.
- Once Settings is open click on the section called Network & Internet.
- Once you have entered the Network and Internet section you will see a new window open. In this window you should see six subsections on the left side. Click on the Proxy subsection. This should be located on the bottom left of the window.
- Once you are in the Proxy Subsection you will be presented with two options: Automatic Proxy Setup and Manual Proxy Setup. Click on the Use Setup script option to turn it on. This should be located under the Automatic Proxy Setup section (If you wish to learn how to setup a manual Proxy server, then you can see the instructions in the next section).
Method 1B – Find the ideal proxy server
1. Next, you will need to find a proxy server and get its address. There is a wide variety of proxy servers available on the internet. Some are free, while others can cost you a fortune. So, it goes without saying that some servers are better than others.
Nevertheless, it is important to note that certain proxies are better for certain services than others. Thus, you should search for proxy services based on what you need. In order for the Automatic proxy setup to work best you will need to specifically search for proxy servers that requires you to determine the internet online address of the configuration script that needs to be loaded up by Windows.
2. Once you have found a proxy server, copy its URL into the script address field located in the Automatic proxy setup section. After you copy the address of the proxy server you intend to use, remember to click on the save button.
Method 2A – Manual Windows 10 Proxy Setup
Windows 10 also offer users the option to manually configure a proxy server. This feature is typically used if Windows 10 is having issues automatically detecting your proxy’s URL. Manually configuring a proxy server will also ensure that you will have fewer troubles down the road. Below are the easy-to-follow instructions on how to setup a proxy server manually on Windows 10.
First make sure to turn off the Use Setup Script and Automatically detect settings in the Automatic proxy setups section.
Proxy servers should provide a port and IP address. Therefore you will need to find this information about the server you want to use. Once you find this information you can type it in the Port and Address fields, similar to the sample below.
Once you input the address and port information you will need to type in the web address of the proxy server that you are going to use.
Method 2B – Local address
You can decide whether or not you want to click on the “Don’t use the proxy server for local (intranet) address” checkbox. Typically, users connected to their corporate network will check this checkbox.
After you finish fixing these settings and press save, you should be able to use the internet through the proxy server. It is recommended to check whether or not your proxy is working by checking its online status. You can do this by using a number of free proxy server checkers on the internet.
Method 3 – uProxy for Mozilla Firefox and Chrome
uProxy is a highly useful extension for Chrome and Mozilla Firefox that users can utilize to create a proxy. Basically, the way uProxy works is that it uses your friend’s or family member’s computer as a VPN provider.
For instance, if you are located in China and you want to use Facebook or Google.com, then you can use uProxy to your advantage. Simply ask someone you know from another country where these websites are available and ask them if you can use their computer as a proxy server. Essentially, uProxy gives you the ability to access almost all blocked websites in the country you are in, as long as the computer you are connected to can access these websites.
The best thing about it all is that uProxy is a highly safe, secure tool. Third party users can only see the connection between you and your friend’s computers.
Simply install uProxy to Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and you can get started. Make sure your friend has the same extension.
Using a proxy server can be incredibly beneficial for the individual user as well as corporate businesses. Security, safety, anonymity, sharing, etc are just some of the benefits of proxies. With the methods mentioned in this article, you will know how to set up Global Proxy server in Windows 10 yourself.
- Fix: ‘Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings’
- The 7 best proxy tools for Windows 10 to protect your privacy
- Internet Explorer 11 has Proxy Problems After Windows 8.1, 10 Update for Some
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]