- Monese is a UK-based money transfer service used by millions.
- The article below will showcase what needs to be done when Monese stops working.
- To learn more about this fantastic service, visit our dedicated Monese Hub.
- Our website's Web Apps page is another place you should visit to read more on online services.
If you’re looking for current accounts and money transfer services as an alternative to traditional banks, then Monese is a service you should definitely consider. In many aspects, Monese is very similar to other financial services, such as Revolut, PayPal or Payoneer.
Unfortunately, Monese, as well as all the other mentioned services all have one thing in common: they are electronic payment systems. This means they run using computers, servers , and, of course, the Internet.
Like pretty much any service that runs electronically, Monese is bound to experience the occasional downtimes.
What can I do if Monese isn’t working?
1. Check if the problem is the Monese mobile app
Portability is one of Monese’s selling points, that is why many users use it in conjunction with the mobile app.
As such, some issues may come from the app itself:
- Your mobile phone doesn’t have the latest version of the app installed
- Your phone is not connected to the Internet
- You have a faulty Monese app Installation
2. Check if the problem is the browser you use when going to Monese’s website
All transactions that can be done from the mobile app can be done from Monese’s website as well.
Because of this, having a good browser can eliminate a lot of possible issues.
If you’re having problems with Monese and think that your browser is to blame, consider doing one of the following:
- Clearing your current browser‘s cache and cookies
- Changing your browser altogether
If you notice that Monese still doesn’t work even after checking all the variables mentioned above and below, then maybe you should consider closing it and switching to a better alternative.
Revolut is one service that you should definitely take into consideration since it makes instant money transfers look like a piece of cake.
Of course, this is just one of the many perks of using Revolut, since we can also mention real-time currency exchange, crypto trading, stock trading, and more.
The perfect alternative for you in case you find yourself unable to use your Monese service anymore.
3. Check if the Monese services are down
First of all, make sure that Monese is actually down by visiting their status website. Here you can see all of their listed services, as well as their operational status.
- New Account Opening
- Card transactions
- Monese App
- Cash Deposits
- Account Help and Support
- Cash Withdrawals
If any of these systems have anything else other than Operational written next to them, it means you can do pretty much anything with Monese, except that.
Additionally, you can use the same website to see a log of past issues, so that you can check whether there were problems in the past that may have affected you as well.
Are you also having problems with the Monese service? Please share your experiences with us in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.