- Virtual credit cards are the new way people can handle their funds.
- All of these services come with their own apps, allowing you to do everything from your PC or phone.
- To read more on the matter, check out our dedicated Online Banking Hub.
- If you want to know more about technology and finances, visit our Personal Finance page.
The use of virtual credit cards (VCCs) has been on the rise in the past few years with a number of card providers having introduced them for easier use of physical cards online.
With them, users can assign a maximum value and the cards expire in a few months, reducing fraud and eliminating points of entry for hackers.
You can set up a VCC with virtual credit card software, apps largely available for mobile and tablet platforms that save virtual cards for online transactions.
As Windows is a relatively small mobile platform compared to Android and iOS, there aren’t so many virtual card apps for it. However, these are a few virtual credit card apps you can add to Windows mobiles for the best experience.
The best virtual credit card apps with no deposit required
Revolut radically changes the way you perceive credit card payments since it is incredible just how many things you can do with it without strings attached.
Simply install the android app, register for a credit card, and just wait for a couple of business days until the actual physical card is delivered to you.
Enjoy real-time currency conversion, crypto trading, one-tap money transfers between you and your phone contacts, and more.
Here are some of the perks of using Revolut:
- Premium accounts can get a customized metallic card
- You can monitor your expenses over a timeline
- Create budgets so not to overspend
- You get a free physical card
- Easy money transfers
RevolutRegister now and get access to the next generation of virtual cards, now from the comfort of your phone.
Similar to the entries on this list, Payoneer will also provide you with an actual physical card if you feel more comfortable with it.
However, pretty much anything that you can do with the card can be accomplished from the company’s website, or from the phone app. In fact, you can even make payments without the card as long as your phone features NFC.
Transfer money to and from bank accounts, send easy money to other users, manage monthly expenses through it, and more.
Here are some of the perks of using Payoneer:
- You can feed the account through your standard bank account
- Pretty much anything can be done from the app
- Fast money transfers between accounts
- No hidden fees
PayoneerManage all of your banking needs without ever having to step foot into an actual bank with this great service.
Oxigen Wallet is a freely available Windows app that enables you to set up prepaid VISA virtual credit cards using the app itself and an RBL account.
Then, you make online transactions with anybody who accepts VISA. The app enables users to create MB Way VISA gift cards and send them via email or SMS, as well.
You can also recharge mobiles and pay utility bills with Oxigen Wallet.
MB Way is an app compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS. There’s also a desktop app for Windows 10.
By setting up a VCC with MB Way, you can make transactions with anybody who accepts MasterCard, American Express, and Visa. MB Way is one of the few virtual credit cards that enables you to make transfers with your mobile number.
You can also create VCCs with 14 different banks through the MB NET site.
VCpay is a VCC app that you can add to Windows, Android, and iOS smartphones. First, note that the VCpay virtual card isn’t one you can use internationally even if the app’s website states an international card will be introduced.
As such, this is currently a virtual credit card limited to retail in South Africa with the requirement of needing a South African ID. With the app, you can set up virtual MasterCards for yourself or as gift cards.
The app also provides clear card statements and supports EFT from banks.
A managing director of VCpay’s parent company stated VCpay empowers both banked and unbanked users to pay securely and interoperably for goods online, in-store, in other mobile applications, or on mobile services like Uber.
The Zeta app for Windows 10 and 8.1 mobiles is a virtual MasterCard RBL boasts is a new age super card. That might be because the virtual card offers unique and dynamic PINs that change with every transaction made. Furthermore, you can use this VCC as an offline card at e-POS machines. The app also provides a number of other bonuses including tax-free meal vouchers and a Zeta Rewards Card.
FreeCharge is a unified digital wallet app you can add to Windows 10 desktops, tablets, and phones. The app enables you to set up a FreeCharge Go MasterCard for use on Indian websites and mobile apps, such as BigBasket, Snapdeal, Amazon, and Flipkart. It also gives you discounts and cashback on a variety of transactions. Note that the Windows app is not entirely the same as its Android and iOS counterparts since the former sports a redesigned UI and Cortana integration so you can recharge it with the virtual assistant. The FreeCharge CEO stated:
We at FreeCharge are continuously innovating to provide differentiated services. With the revamped Windows app, we have aimed at creating a seamless user interface that is simple and intuitive. One can now easily recharge/pay bills in less than 10 seconds.
Those are a few Windows apps that you can set up virtual credit cards with. VCCs are a convenient alternative to standard cards, and their apps also provide other bonuses and services. So, even if you don’t require a VCC, the apps might still be worth using.
As a reminder, the above-mentioned apps also work if you are looking for the following:
- Virtual credit card – All entries on this list have a virtual variant that allows you to better manage your funds, either via phone app or web client
- Free online virtual credit card – You can use these services however you like, just as long as you are connected to the Internet
- Prepaid virtual credit card – Some of the entries on this list will provide you with physical prepaid cards that you can use
- Instant approval virtual credit card – Many of the entries allow for instant money transfer between users of your own bank accounts
- Free virtual credit card – All services listed here are completely free of charge and have no hidden costs associated with them
- No deposit create virtual credit card – Many of the entries here require no initial deposit in order to start using them
That pretty much wraps up our list of the best virtual card apps that you can use. If you happen to know other entries that are just as good, let us know by leaving us a message in the comments section below.