If you’ve experienced various mouse problems after installing Windows 10 Creators Update, you’re not alone. — this is actually a recurring issue for many users, ranging from minor lag to general unresponsiveness.
Here’s how one user describes this issue:
Mouse won’t work in lower-resolution fullscreen applications. I always see a cursor before the application is launched and can actually move it for first 1-2 seconds and then it stops responding. Mouse buttons works, but not the movement.
How to fix mouse issues in Windows 10 Creators Update
Solution 1 — Run the new native hardware troubleshooter
- Go to the Start menu, type Settings, and then select Troubleshoot in the left-hand pane.
- Go to Find and fix other problems, then select Troubleshoot hardware and devices.
- Wait for the troubleshooting process to complete then test your mouse.
- If the issue is still present, unplug your mouse and then plug it back in.
Solution 2 — Update your NVIDIA drivers
Many users noticed that mouse problems in Creators Update are prevalent for NVIDIA drivers. Try installing the latest motherboard driver after you’ve upgraded your PC. You can manually download the available drivers for your NVIDIA computer from the company’s official website.
Solution 3 — Place the system in Clean Boot
Other third-party apps and programs may also be causing mouse issues in Windows 10 Creators Update. Place the system in Clean Boot in order to identify any third party applications or startup items causing the issue.
- Go to Start, type msconfig, then select System Configuration.
- On the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box and then click Disable all.
- On the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- Close the Task Manager, Click OK, then restart the computer.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft fixes a known mouse and keyboard issue in Windows 10
- Fix: League of Legends mouse and keyboard issues
- The Surface Dial is the tool that will replace mouse usage