Although Windows 10 was released back in 2015, the operating system still has many issues. One of these issues is related to the network connection. Many people reported that msftconnecttest.com/redirect is restricting them from connecting to the internet.
How to fix msftconnecttest redirect error on Windows 10
1. Reset the network
- Open the Start menu and search for the Settings app.
- Click the first result to open it and navigate to Network and Internet >> Status >> Network Reset.
- Click Reset now from the Network Reset screen. Click Yes to confirm the changes.
- Reboot your system and check to see if you can still see the error.
2. Disable Connection Test
- To completely disable the connection test, Simoultaniuosly press Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit and hit the Enter button to open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following Registry item:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesNlaSvcParametersInternet
- Navigate to the right pane and search for the EnableActiveProbing entry.
- Double click on it and enter 0 in the Value Data option and click the OK button to save it.
- Close the windows and check if the changes resolved the issue.
3. Change HTTP/HTTPs Configuration
- To change the configuration, open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Navigate to the left pane and click Apps >> Default Apps.
- Now select the Choose Default Apps By Protocol available under the Reset button.
- Look for the Select a Default option available for HTTP.
- You will see a list of browsers installed on your system. Choose your browser and click Select a Default browser against HTTP.
- Select your browser again from the list of available options.
- Finally, reboot your system to apply the new settings.
Your problem should be history now.