Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- MultiVersus is an exciting throwback to classic platform fighting games.
- However, many players are experiencing lag and high ping.
- If you’re looking for a MultiVersus lag fix, these top 5 VPNs can help.
MultiVersus online has grown to huge popularity since its release.
But, although it has a classic design and isn’t very intensive for your average gaming PC, high ping and lag are still common issues.
The game stutters, attacks are delayed, and characters seemingly teleport around the screen. In the worst cases, MultiVersus boots you from the game in the middle of a match.
Let’s explore why gamers are having such poor performance, how to use a VPN to reduce ping, and check out some additional helpful tips.
Why is MultiVersus so laggy?
There are a number of factors that can cause in-game lag when playing MultiVersus online.
First, the official servers hosting the game have been known to run poorly in the past. While things have improved in recent months, it’s not unlikely for such issues to reappear from time to time.
You’ll know if there’s a server problem by checking the MultiVersus Twitter or searching if it’s down for other players.
If lag seems to only be affecting you, it could be due to:
- ISP Throttling
- Poor internet connection
- Slow computer
- Geographic location
- Firewall settings
How do I fix bad lag in MultiVersus?
Luckily, you can fix most of these problems easily. However, the only way to bypass speed throttling by your ISP is to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
A VPN can also help stabilize your connection to a game server if you’re located in a faraway region. Furthermore, it can unlock access to the game if it’s unavailable where you live or your school or workplace has blocked it
#1 Use a premium VPN
To get the best results, subscribe to a premium VPN provider. Our top 5 recommendations are listed below. Each of these encrypts your traffic and uses IP leak prevention.
This means your ISP can’t detect that you’re playing MultiVersus and therefore won’t slow down your connection:
Here’s how to get started:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN provider and download the relevant app for your computer.
- Log in and connect using the default location for the fastest speed.
- If you want to access MultiVersus from a restricted region, manually select a location in the USA, where the game has a strong presence.
- With the VPN connected, launch the game. If throttling was an issue, it should now be resolved.
Using a VPN with another relevant MultiVersus lag fix will ensure the best results.
Turn off firewall
We suggest you turn off your firewall when playing or make the game an exception in the settings.
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Allow an app or feature to through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Add the game’s .exe file to make an exception.
#2 Use a wired connection
Wi-Fi is never as stable as a wired internet connection because the signal must travel through the air, leaving it prone to obstructions and interference.
The further the distance between the router and device, the weaker the connection.
- If you suspect your Wi-Fi is slow, run a speed test by googling “speed test” and clicking the blue button.
- If the results are poor, use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to the router.
- Alternatively, reposition your device and router closer together. Also, keep in mind that routers function better when mounted high up.
- Repeat the speed test. If it’s still slow, the problem may be your ISP providing a bad service.
#3 Lower graphics settings
To change your graphical options, go to Settings > Graphics while in-game.
- First, try dropping the resolution by one level. I.e., 4K to 2K, or 2K to regular 1920×1080 HD.
- Other intensive settings are Texture Quality, Visual Effects Quality, and Shadow Quality. Lower each of these and test the results.
What are the best VPNs for a MultiVersus lag fix?
For a VPN to work well for gaming it needs to offer fast speeds and lots of servers.
We tested the most popular VPNs with MultiVersus and came up with 5 that are guaranteed to work well.
ExpressVPN – fastest speeds
ExpressVPN offers the most consistent speeds in the industry. You can also connect up to 5 devices at once if you have other users on the network.
It has servers across 94 countries, with 9 in the US alone. This gives you the freedom to unblock access to the game, as well as giving you the pick of gaming regions.
For example, you may choose to connect in Japan where the average player’s skill level is higher.
ExpressVPN regularly ranks number one in encryption and leak tests, so you know your ISP will never be able to deliberately slow down your connection for gaming.
And what’s more, it has gaming-optimized servers to improve ping and overall performance.
- The best for leak prevention
- Fast servers for gaming
- Simple Windows and macOS apps
ExpressVPNEnjoy the smoothest gaming experience with this high-performing VPN.
PIA VPN – static IP for stability
Private Internet Access lets you connect up to 10 devices, which is ideal for larger home networks.
Its static IP feature hides traffic from your ISP while offering superior stability when gaming.
You can connect in more than 45 countries, with over 30,000 individual servers. This means you can always find a fast server for MultiVersus.
- Your own exclusive IP
- Maintain a large home network
- Great monthly price
Private Internet AccessHave your pick from thousands of servers and enjoy uninterrupted gaming with PIA.
CyberGhost – dedicated gaming servers
CyberGhost offers up to 7 simultaneous connections and has preconfigured servers and settings specifically for online gaming.
It’s one of the best when it comes to leak prevention, which means your ISP, school, or workplace will never discover you’re playing MultiVersus and tampering with access.
- Optimized gaming servers
- Advanced leak protection
- 7 simultaneous devices
CyberGhostEnjoy a lag-free MultiVersus experience with CyberGhost’s gaming dedicated servers.
NordVPN – thousands of servers
NordVPN offers up to 6 simultaneous device connections. Its servers are optimized to handle heavy traffic from gaming and streaming and always rank high in VPN speed tests.
Choose from more than 5,000 servers in 59 countries, each with military-grade encryption to hide your activity from your ISP.
- Lots of servers to choose from
- Good monthly price
- Strong encryption
NordVPNPlay MultiVersus no matter where you are with this fast and secure VPN.
Surfshark – unlimited connections
Surfshark offers unlimited connections with speeds of around 70 Mbps. If your ISP is throttling, it fully encrypts traffic to hide that you’re gaming and fix MultiVersus lag.
It has over 3,200 servers in 100 countries, including the US, UK, and across Europe. You can automatically connect to the best server based on your location or manually select one to gain access to the game if you’re in a restricted region.
- No connection limits
- Highest number of countries
- Virus protection and other security features
SurfsharkConnect to the optimal MultiVersus server locations and play on all of your devices.
Whether you have bad Wi-Fi, your graphics settings are too high, or your ISP has been throttling your internet, there’s a MultiVersus lag fix for every issue.
Now that you know which VPN suits you best, there’s no need to worry about high ping and latency while playing MultiVersus online.