- The mup_file_system error in Windows 10 can be easily fixed by following the steps we have presented in this guide.
- Using a dedicated third-party tool to repair the faulty hardware or software is a quick and easy fix.
- Updating the faulty drivers is yet another easy and reliable way of solving the mup_file_system error.
- Ensuring that your Windows 10 is updated to the latest available version can be a potential fix of the BSOD error as well.
The mup_file_system is also known as Error Code 0x103 which usually means that mup has encountered invalid or unexpected data.
Nevertheless, this does not mean that the issue cannot be solved. In fact, thanks to the code the error provides is easier to identify which part of the device caused the failure.
There are a few simple steps you need to follow in order to fix the mup_file_system BSOD and we will explore them in this article.
How can I fix the mup_file_system BSOD in Windows 10?
1. Use a dedicated software
When the mup_file_system error appears due to a faulty hardware or a software corruption the best thing to do first is to use dedicated software to try and fix the faulty file.
This complex and reliable tool can repair faulty system files, remove malware, detect malicious websites and even replace damaged Windows files.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Check for Windows update
- Type Device Manager on the Search box.
- Check for updates for the driver that is causing the issue by right-clicking it and choosing Update.
- When the process has finished, restart your computer to complete the update process.
3. Update your drivers
Since the mup_file_system Error Code 0x103 can appear due to a faulty or outdated driver as well, the easiest thing to do is to locate it and fix it.
You can do this manually but we recommend that you use the automatic update using a dedicated tool since this will avoid installing a different version of the driver and causing even more issues.
In that matter, driver updater software is the go-to software, thanks to its impressive built-in library that will ensure your drivers are updated correctly.
4. Unplug any external hardware
Check and see if there are is any new hardware connected to your device and unplug it. This error can just as well be caused by a newly installed hardware that was not installed properly.
Removing the hardware is essential in order to see if this will solve the issue. Make sure to restart your device once the hardware has been removed.
5. Uninstall recently installed software
- Type Control Panel on the search box.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program.
- In the Programs and Features window is the list of all installed programs. Locate the ones that are installed just before you received the BSOD warning.
- Now, right-click the software and select Uninstall.
- Follow the direction to uninstall and then restart your device once the process is completed.
Solving the mup_file_system error can be solved quickly if you follow the exact steps we have indicated in this article.
Please let us know in the comments section below which solution worked best for you, we would love to know.