- The Realtek HD Audio Manager is an audio driver with DTS, Dolby, and Surround Sound support.
- The Realtek audio driver helps you choose your audio configuration for your speaker system.
- This software comes with a Room Correction tab that allows you to adjust the volume individually for each speaker.
- It's not necessary to install the Realtek HD Audio Manager but it helps a lot if you have it.
Realtek HD Audio Manager is one of the most user-friendly audio drivers available. It provides DTS, Dolby, and Surround Sound support for the user’s Audio Card.
Many users ask themselves if the Realtek driver is really needed on their computer.
We came up with a list of features that Realtek HD Audio Manager provides, in order to help you decide if it’s worth installing the software.
Do I need to install Realtek High Definition Audio Manager?
Many users asked themselves if installing the Realtek HD Audio Manager is required when having no audio issues. The answer is no, the driver is not crucial for running your PC audio properly.
Should you still install it though? The answer is yes.
Realtek HD Audio Manager acts as a control panel for your audio adapters. It automatically detects the newly added devices like speakers/ headphones/ microphones to your PC, allowing you to set them up at your linking.
Below is a list describing the Realtek High Definition Audio Manager’s main features.
Realtek High Definition Audio Manager features
- You can access the manager from the bottom right corner of your desktop, next to the time and date display.
- Right-clicking on the orange sound icon offers you access to all the sound tools you’ll need: Sound Manager, Audio Devices, System Sound Events, Windows Media Player, Volume Control, and Sound Recorder.
- The Sound Manager provides you the option to choose your speaker configuration. Choose between 5.1 Speaker, Quadraphonic and Stereo, if you have the available setup.
- Disabling/enabling specific speakers can be done from the Speaker Configuration tab.
- Additional instruments such as Speaker Fill, Swap Center/ Subwoofer Output and Enable Bass Management are available.
- A sound test button and a volume control section are available as well in the Speakers tab.
- There is a Room Correction tab allowing you to manually adjust the volume on each speaker.
- The Default Format tab provides the ability to change the sound quality.
- In the Microphone tab, you can adjust the microphone volume and perform an actual test for your device. You also get additional instruments, such as Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation.
In conclusion, Realtek HD Audio Manager is not crucial for your audio device, but we do strongly recommend to use it. We hope that this quick review helped you decide whether to try out the Realtek driver or not.
If you liked this article, leave a comment in the comment section below.