Do I really need Realtek High Definition Audio? [WE ANSWER]
Realtek HD Audio Manager is one of the most user-friendly audio drivers available. It provides DTS, Dolby and Surround Sound support for the user’s Audio Card.
Many users ask themselves if the Realtek driver is really needed on their computer.
We came up with a list of features that Realtek HD Audio Manager provides, in order to help you decide if it’s worth installing the software.
Is Realtek High Definition Audio Manager a necessity?
Many users asked themselves if installing the Realtek HD Audio Manager is required when having no audio issues. The answer is no, the driver not crucial for running your PC audio properly. Should you still install it though? The answer is yes.
Realtek HD Audio Manager acts as a control panel for your audio adapters. It automatically detects the newly added devices like speakers/headphones/microphones to your PC, allowing you to set them up at your linking.
Below is a list describing the Realtek High Definition Audio Manager’s main features.
Realtek High Definition Audio Manager Features
- First of all, you can access the manager from the bottom right corner of your desktop, next to the time and date display. Right clicking on the orange sound icon offers you access to all the sound tools you’ll need: Sound Manager, Audio Devices, System Sound Events, Windows Media Player, Volume Control and Sound Recorder.
- The Sound Manager provides you the option to choose your speaker configuration. Choose between 5.1 Speaker, Quadraphonic and Stereo, if you have the available setup.
- Disabling/enabling specific speakers can be done from the Speaker Configuration tab.
- Additional instruments such as Speaker Fill, Swap Center/ Subwoofer Output and Enable Bass Management are available.
- A sound test button and a volume control section are available as well in the Speakers tab.
- There is a Room Correction tab allowing you to manually adjust the volume on each speaker.
- The Default Format tab provides the ability to change the sound quality.
- In the Microphone tab, you can adjust the microphone volume and perform an actual test for your device. You also get additional instruments, such as Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation.
In conclusion, Realtek HD Audio Manager is not crucial for your audio device, but we do strongly recommend the use of it. We hope that this quick review helped you decide to try/not try out the Realtek driver. If you liked this article, leave a comment in the comment section below.
- Download EqualizerPro audio enhancer for Windows 10/7
- Realtek Card Reader Drivers Still not Updated for Windows 8.1, 10
- Fix: Realtek Network Adapter not found after Windows 10 upgrade
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]