- Needlepoint design software is used in order to create patterns for embroidery in a fast and efficient manner even if you lack the actual skills to do so in real life.
- The guide below contains a list of what we consider to be the best tools for this job on the market today, so make sure you check it out and weigh in the pros and the cons.
- If you love reading about these products, then check out our dedicated Design Software Hub for more articles.
- If you're a fan of the topic, check out our Graphic and Design page.
Needlepoint design software is a computer-aided design (CAD) tool that makes your designing seamless. You no longer need to stress your mind about manual drafting and meeting deadlines.
With a reliable needlepoint design platform, you can create your embroidery design using digital tools. Plus you can view your creation in a 3D display.
With this type of software, your needlework becomes easier, especially when you learned how to use the scales and measurements.
You have access to numerous templates and designs to follow to complete your task. And even if you are not a computer genius, a guide is provided for you to master.
Once you are done with your needlepoint design, you can preview your work in an accurate 2D or 3D view. You will have a realistic display of your artwork, and you can easily sport what you need to be improved. Indeed, this software is excellent.
What are the best Needlepoint Design Software?
Adobe Illustrator is at the top of our list because it is by far the best tool that money can buy when it comes to graphics design, especially creating visual elements from scratch.
This vector-based image editor has all the tools both a beginner and an experienced user may ever need, so you don’t need to worry about spending money on other third-party tools.
In fact, Illustrator itself can be enriched with a wide variety of plug-ins and library enhancements, both official and user-created.
This means that you can customize the way your Illustrator behaves based on your needs at any given moment, and this includes adding patterns and brushes that will help you with needlepoint design.
- Widespread popularity means the file formats it works with are commonly used
- Guides for using it are easy to find on YouTube
- Integrates well with other Adobe tools, such as Spark or Photoshop
- Versatile due to plug-in support
- Can be tested for free by anyone with an Adobe account for 7 days
- Not as good at photo editing as Adobe Photoshop
You can find automated choices that allow you to customize the designs, as well as add your personal style. It includes a guided edit instruction that has 78 steps. With this software, you can accomplish creating needlepoint masterpieces.
The images are absolutely clear, and you can create your own modifications to make your designs perfect.
- Object removal feature
- Pattern brush
- Frame fill option
- Adobe Sensei AI technology
- Intelligent software
- Slightly expensive than other design software
The Embrilliance Essentials, Embroidery Software for Mac & PC allows you to merge your needlework patterns with nearly all formats. You can use the stitch recalculation feature in order to modify the size of the needlework designs.
And if you wish to add lettering in your designs, you can easily do so through three different modes of Circle, Monogram, and Multi-line.
- Compatible with MAC and Windows OS
- Merge embroidery patterns
- Stitch stimulator
- Printable applique templates
- Add additional letterings
- Excellent formatting texts
- Multiple selections of elements and stock shapes
- Conversion to JPG or other graphics is not available using this software
The Cross Stitch on CD-ROM is designed for beginners, and it is available in multiple languages of English Spanish, Francais, and Espanol French. This software is equipped with a color guide for easy navigation, as well as DMC products.
It includes tips and hints of stitching that are conveniently animated and interactive. Plus, you will surely love the 100 designs included in this software. And it helps that it is very affordable compared to other needlepoint software.
- Very easy to use
- Friendly to the budget
- 100 designs
- May bore experts of needlepoint stitching since this software is only for beginners.
The Hobbyware Pattern Maker Cross Stitch Software, Professional Version is designed for intermediate and expert users. In every pattern included in this software, there are a maximum of 150 colors that can be used for the designs.
You can find multiple unique designs for stitching in this software, and it is compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista, 7, and 8. This needlepoint design software is proudly made in the USA.
- Unique cross stitch patterns
- Auto outlining
- Exports to typical graphic formats
- Easy to learn
- Professional level
- Intuitive software
- Not compatible with MAC OS, Windows Vista, 7, and 8 OS
It is quite seamless to add your own lettering design or utilize the embroidery fashionable layouts such as the Vertical Text or Circle.
Whatever letter you want to create or embroidery pattern you desire, you can accomplish what you want through this software. Plus you save your designs in different formats.
- 35 fonts
- Advanced color options
- Realistic preview
- 19 thread charts
- Compatible only with Windows Vista, XP, and 7 OS.
The needlepoint design software differs in many ways, especially their compatibility with the operating systems. You need to make sure that the product you buy is suitable for the computer in your home or office.
Take note that software with multiple compatibles is more expensive than those that fit one OS only. That is also true with a platform that caters to a higher OS version of Windows PC.
In your purchasing decision, always factor in the compatibility, functionality, reliability, ratings, and price of the needlepoint design software. Select a design software product that suits your every need, especially your budget.
FAQ: Learn more about needlepoint design software
- What is the best needlepoint design software?
There are plenty of dedicated software out there for this particular job, such as Embrilliance Essentials, but Adobe Illustrator CC can be even better if the right plug-ins and libraries are added.
- What is a needlepoint design software used for?
These types of tools are basically graphics design tools that specialize in creating needlepoint patterns that you can later use in real life.
- Is learning needlepoint hard?
With a little bit of training and a bit of dexterity, anyone can learn how to create needlepoint designs.