If you’re familiar with the error You do not have access rights to logical disk manager then you came to the right place to figure out how to fix it.
This error usually occurs in case you’re trying to access a flash drive from your computer, or in the case that you’re using Computer Management on a Remote server. This error also occurs when trying to shrink or enlarge a partition that has some Windows system files remaining from a previous installation. This issue can become very frustrating if it happens often, as you can’t get access to the partition and disk management features of your Windows 10 PC.
In this article, we will explore the best methods to deal with these issues. Please follow the steps written in this guide closely, in order to eliminate the possibility of causing any extra issues with your PC.
I try to use my flash drive but my computer keeps saying you do not have access rights to logical disk manager can anyone help me with this? Any help would be much appreciated
What to do if Logical disk manager access is denied?
1. Component services setup
- Press Win + R keys on your keyboard, type dcomcnfg in the Run window, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the path : Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer.
- Right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- In the COM Security tab, under the Access Permissions area, click on Edit Limits.
- Inside the Access Permission window, scroll down and select ANONYMOUS LOGON, then check the box to Allow Remote Access.
- Click the OK button twice in order to save and apply the changes.
- Restart your PC.
In this article, we explored the best way to deal with the error You do not have access rights to logical disk manager. This error usually happens on Windows 10, and it can be caused by a corrupted file that deals with your User Account Admin, having some left-over files from a previously installed Windows, or when trying to shrink an older partition.
Even though all these situations seem to be unconnected, there is only one viable solution that you can try. We explained every step of this method in order to make it easier than ever to understand, and quickly fix the issues.
We would love to know if this solution helped you in any way. Please feel free to let us know by using the comment section found below this article.
- Windows needs to check one of your disks for consistency [EXPERT FIX]
- How to fix disk space errors on Steam [SIMPLEST METHODS]
- Windows 10 cannot be installed to this disk [ULTIMATE GUIDE]