No Man’s Sky recently received an interesting update that brings a series of useful game improvements and new features. The Foundation Update, also known as Update 1.1, introduces three game modes, with the Survival mode being the most brutal environment available. Staying alive is a challenge in itself.
Other new features include: base building, a new farming system, new equipment to aid explorers, freighters that can be summoned by explorers, and more.
Unfortunately, No Man’s Sky Foundation Update also brings issues of its own, as players report.
No Man’s Sky Foundation Update bugs
1. Game crashes when players select the game mode
If you’re experiencing this issue, delete all the mod-files and the game should start correctly.
The game is crashing every time I get in my ship in normal mode, and crashes after about 1 min in creative mode or when I get in my ship.
2. The Z key always brings up the menu
Gamers report that using the Z key can be quite tricky on AZERTY keyboards. The majority of players use the Z key to walk, but it always brings up the construction menu when pressed. Fans already requested Hello Games to remap this key.
I have a problem. Everythime i press ‘z’ to walk something pops up and it is really annoying, how do I dissable it it isnt in the controls tab or anything?
The best solution is to simply switch from AZERTY to QWERTY:
- Go to Start > open Control Panel
- Select Clock, Language and Region > Regional and Language Options > Add a language
- Change your keyboard from AZERTY to English US/UK
- In the Keyboard section, choose QWERTY > apply the changes by clicking OK.
3. Low FPS rate issues
Players also complain that the FPS rate is extremely low, causing flickering and other graphics issues. Other gamers confirm that the situation can get even worse, and report getting even 1 FPS on the loading screen.
20fps at 4k now… Or 60fps at 1440p but everything flickers… Still a waste of time and money
Apparently, particular actions can also trigger low FPS rate issues. For example, many gamers complain that when they enter the ship, the FPS rate drastically drops to even 5 FPS.
Despite these issues, No Man’s Sky Foundation Update received a warm welcome from gamers. The general opinion is that the update has significantly improved the gaming experience by making the game more stable and more interesting.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Watch Dogs 2 Hi-Res Texture Pack won’t install on Uplay, gamers complain
- Planet Coaster December Update includes a new ride chosen by gamers
- Endless Space 2 update ruins the game, lag is the norm