Lumia 635 is one of a few devices that support the earliest build of Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones. But the new operating system brings more problems and bugs, along with its improved features. This time, we have a sound issue that prevents Lumia 635 from ringing.
Reportedly, this issue only appears when the headphones are not connected to the phone. But you can’t always have your earpiece connected, so this issue needs to be solved. And to solve it, we’ll first try regular restarting and see if it shows any results. To perform that, do the following:
- Switch off the phone
- Remove the battery
- Hold the power button for few seconds
- Place the battery
- Switch on the device
- Check if the issue persists
If the issue is still present after the regular reset, you might try with hard reset. But be aware, because hard reset will erase all data from your phone, and you should create a backup before you perform it. After you make sure you made a backup of all your data and that phone is safe for hard resetting, follow these steps:
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold Camera, Power and Volume Down buttons
- After few seconds, the phone will vibrate
- Release the Power button, but keep holding the Camera and Volume Down button
- After 5 to 10 seconds release both the buttons.
- Now follow installation wizard instructions and finish the setup
Issues like this are not surprising since Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones is still in its early testing phase, and we should expect more improvements and bug fixes in the future builds. So, even if these solutions didn’t solve your problem, you should wait a little, until the new build is released. And as Microsoft said, we’ll get the new builds very soon.