Fix: No Ringtone Sound on Lumia 635
Lumia 635 is one of a few devices that support the earliest build of Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones. But the new operating system brings more problems and bugs, along with its improved features.
This time, we have a sound issue that prevents Lumia 635 from ringing.
Reportedly, this issue only appears when the headphones are not connected to the phone. But you can’t always have your earpiece connected, so this issue needs to be solved.
I have no ringtone sound on my Lumia 635. What can I do?
1. Common checks
First and foremost, we’ll have to check a few important things:
- Check to see if your volume is turned all the way up, and the phone is not in silent mode.
- Look in the Notification area. There you will find Airplane mode. It should be off.
- Play a music or a video file to check the integrity of the speaker.
- If you had a custom ringtone, make sure you didn’t erased it by accident.
- Find your Ringtones folder and make sure it’s not erased or empty.
If one of these things was causing your no sound issue, you can fix it fairly easy and things should go back to normal. If all your settings, files and folders are in order and you still experience the problem, go to the next step.
2. Regular reset
To solve the no sound problem, we’ll first try regular restarting and see if it shows any results. To perform that, do the following:
- Switch off the phone
- Remove the battery
- Hold the power button for few seconds
- Place the battery
- Switch on the device
- Check if the issue persists
This is a very simple method that could help you solve your problem.
3. Hard reset
If the issue is still present after the regular reset, you might try with hard reset. But be aware because hard reset will erase all data from your phone, and you should create a backup before you perform it.
After you make sure you made a backup of all your data and that phone is safe for hard resetting, follow these steps:
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold Camera, Power and Volume Down buttons
- After few seconds, the phone will vibrate
- Release the Power button, but keep holding the Camera and Volume Down button
- After 5 to 10 seconds release both the buttons.
- Now follow installation wizard instructions and finish the setup
Issues like this are not surprising since Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones is still in its early testing phase, and we should expect more improvements and bug fixes in the future builds.
So, even if these solutions didn’t solve your problem, you should wait a little until the new build is released. And as Microsoft said, we’ll get the new builds very soon.
What is your favourite Windows phone? Don’t forget to tell us the answer in the comments section below and share how you solved the problem.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2015 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness
Many users encountered issues with Nvidia drivers after installing the latest OS version on their machines. Ntoskrnl.exe is causing large latency spikes after installing the […]
As incredible as this may seem, Windows 10 v1903 is still affected by installation issues. It’s been quite a few weeks since the update is […]
My Friend Pedro is an new, impressive, arcade-like game, that managed to take the word “cool” to a whole new level for all the gamers […]