- The Norton 360 errors 8504, 104, 8920, and 200 can occur due to outdated installation, file corruption, or conflicting software.
- A great solution for this problem is to uninstall and reinstall the antivirus using a dedicated removal tool.
- You should also check if there is another conflicting software that might interfere.
- Changing your security solution is a good option to think about as well.
If you have the Norton Antivirus installed, you may encounter errors 8504, 104, 8920, and 200 while installing updates or launching the security tool.
What is Norton error 8504 and 104? These errors can occur if you have another security product installed or due to failed installation of updates.
However, the error 8920, 200 can occur due to corrupt installation or software glitches. Fortunately, you can easily fix the error by running LiveUpdate or reinstall Norton security.
In this article, we explore a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the Norton 360 error in Windows 10.
How do I fix the Norton Antivirus error 8504 and 104?
1. Run Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Save the file to your PC.
- Double-click on the NRnR icon from your desktop or download folder.
- Read the license agreement and click Agree.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select Remove Only.
- Click on Remove.
- Once done, click on the Restart Now button.
Before proceeding with the steps below, make sure you have restarted your system once. Restarting the computer seems to have fixed the error for many users.
Your computer will now restart. Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton antivirus. Once installed, relaunch Norton 360 and check if the error is resolved.
2. Check for conflicting software
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK to open Control Panel.
- Go through the list of installed apps.
- Check if you have other security software like Panda Security, Malwarebytes, etc. installed.
- Select the software and click on Uninstall.
- Click OK to confirm the action.
- Once uninstalled, restart your computer.
If you have another antivirus or security software installed, it can conflict with Norton antivirus. It is recommended to use only one antivirus security software for each system.
How do I fix the Norton 360 Error 8920 and 200?
1. Run LiveUpdate
- Launch Norton Security.
- Open the My Norton Windows, next to Device Security.
- Double-click on the Security option.
- Click on LiveUpdate.
- Norton will check for pending updates and install them.
- Click OK.
- Run LiveUpdate until you see the message Your Norton product has the latest protection updates.
- Exit all programs and restart the computer.
If the issue persists, after installing the updates, use the Norton Removal tool exactly like in the first solution to fix the issue.
2. Replace your antivirus with a more reliable one
Norton Antivirus is pretty good, but as you can see, it can be prone to suck errors that can be disruptive or even annoying so you should consider changing it with a better one.
The security solution recommended below is installed by over 110 million users around the world and that makes it a perfect, trustworthy replacement for your current antivirus.
This tool will protect your sensitive data, will secure your online payments, passwords, smart home devices and webcam, all with the same license.
You have a 30-day trial period to test it so you will know exactly if it fits your requirements or not.
ESET Internet Security
This ESET tool will offer the best protection and make you forget about errors.
The Norton Antivirus errors 8504 and 104, and 8920, 200 can occur due to corrupted installation or a third-party software conflict. Follow the steps in the article to learn how to fix the errors.
This problem can also happen on the company computers so you should also read our selection of the best antiviruses for Windows Server that you can use right now.
If you know about any other solutions or you have other suggestions, leave them in a comment below.