- The Norton 360 Error 8504, 104, and 8920, 200, can occur due to outdated installation or file corruption.
- In this article, we have listed a detailed step by step guide to help you resolve the error.
- Do check out our dedicated Antivirus hub for more resources on computer security software.
- We also have an extensive collection of Windows software articles in our Software section.
If you have the Norton Antivirus installed, you may encounter error 8504, 104, and error 8920, 200 while installing updates or launching the security tool.
The error 8504, 104, can occur if you have another security product installed or due to failed installation of updates. However, the error 8920, 200 can occur due to corrupt installation or software glitch.
Fortunately, you can easily fix the error by running LiveUpdate or reinstall Norton security.
In this article, we explore a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the Norton 360 error in Windows.
How do I fix the Norton Antivirus error 8504 and 104?
1. Run Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
Before proceeding with the steps below, make sure you have restarted your system once. Restarting the computer seems to have fixed the error for many users.
If the issue persists, proceed with the steps below.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Save the file to Windows desktop.
- Double-click on the NRnR icon from your desktop or download folder.
- Read the license agreement and click Agree.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select Remove Only.
- Click on Remove.
- Once done, click on the Restart Now button.
Your computer will now restart. Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton antivirus. Once installed, relaunch Norton 360 and check if the error is resolved.
2. Check for conflicting software
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK to open Control Panel.
- Go through the list of installed apps.
- Check if you have other security software like Panda Security, Malwarebytes, etc. installed.
- Select the software and click on Uninstall.
- Click OK to confirm the action.
- Once uninstalled, restart your computer.
If you have another antivirus or security software installed, it can conflict with Norton antivirus. It is recommended to use only one antivirus security software for each system.
How do I fix the Norton 360 Error 8920 and 200?
- Launch Norton Security.
- Open the My Norton Windows, next to Device Security.
- Double-click on the Security option.
- Click on LiveUpdate.
- Norton will check for pending updates and install them.
- Click OK.
- Run LiveUpdate until you see the message ‘Your Norton product has the latest protection updates’.
- Exit all programs, and restart the computer.
If the issue persists, after installing the updates, use the Norton Removal tool to fix the issue.
Run the Norton Removal tool
- Download the Norton Removal Tool from the official website.
- Double-click on the NRnR icon from the download folder.
- Select Agree to proceed.
- Click on Remove & Reinstall.
- Click Continue and then click Remove.
- Select Restart Now.
The Norton Antivirus error 8504 and 104, and 8920, 200, can occur due to corrupted installation or a third-party software conflict. Follow the steps in the article, know how to fix the error.