- Often users can experience problems with the NVIDIA display driver service not starting or not being found.
- Sometimes the Control panel is just hidden and you have to unhide it or open it manually to solve the problem.
- Like many other services, you can also restart it by following the steps indicated in this article.
- Updating the NVIDIA display drivers using a reliable dedicated third-party tool is the most recommended way of solving the issue.
Unfortunately, there are many users that have reported lately that their Nvidia display driver is simply missing and there is no indication or error message of what may be wrong.
Most of the time, this is a result of faulty or missing drivers which have an impact on the associated software and can appear due to the latest updates, or even missing registry subkeys and values.
We will explore in this article the most efficient and reliable ways to fix the Nvidia display driver not showing, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix the Nvidia display driver service missing?
1. Unhide the NVIDIA Control Panel
- Press Windows+R and search for Control Panel to access it.
- Change the view to the Large Icons and double click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Go to the Desktop Tab and tick Add Desktop Context Menu and Show Notification Tray Icon.
- Finally, make sure to close the NVIDIA Control Panel and see if it appears in the menu.
2. Restart the NVIDIA Services
- Bring up the Run tab by pressing Windows+R.
- Type in services.msc and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Locate NVIDIA Display Container LS and click on Restart.
- Follow the same steps for each of the services that start with NVIDIA.
3. Use device manager
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows+R.
- Next, type devmgmt.msc and press OK.
- In the Device Manager window locate and expand Display Adaptors.
- Right-click on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Install the found drivers and allow for the process to finish.
- Make sure to restart your device at the end.
4. Use a dedicated third party tool
Since most issues regarding the poor performance or unaccessibility of a software are related to outdated or faulty drivers, using a dedicated tool to fix them is recommended.
As you could see in the solutions presented above, there are several options to update the drivers manually, but they do take much more time and are not completely error-free.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
5. Launch the program manually
- In My Computer go to C drive and click to Program Files.
- Click on Program files to open it and locate NVIDIA Corporation.
- Next, open the Control Panel Client folder.
- Right-click on nvcplui and select Run as administrator.
These are the most common solutions for the NVIDIA display driver service missing or not starting and we hope that the presented solutions have helped you fix the problem in no time.
Which one have you tried and has worked best for you? As always, if you have additional tips or recommendations, don’t hesitate to write them in the dedicated section below.