- Even if the Oculus technology is promising, errors adding payment methods still bug users.
- If you’re one of them too, you’ll see below how simple is to add or remove the payment method for VR Gear. You can also use Revolut.
- You should check out this Oculus section too for more comprehensive tips to follow.
- Also, take your time to bookmark our Web Apps Hub, assuming that you like the idea of being prepared for pretty much any scenario.
It’s been a while since we’ve been introduced to the Oculus tech, with the added feature of you purchasing your games through their platform.
It goes without saying that all your Oculus devices share the same payment method, be it Paypal or other online means.
But no service is fully foolproof, and some issues regarding payment have arisen. An issue that has been affecting old users and new alike.
Many have reported this on Reddit threads, with complaints following up on purchase errors.
I just went to checkout with the Adventure Pack, upon adding my card details it tells me that there is an error adding this card, try another.
But fear not, for we have a list of possible workarounds this issue. As they might fix the trouble you’re experiencing when working with your Oculus store. So let’s get to it, shall we?
How can I fix Error adding payment method on Oculus?
1. Try out Revolut as a new payment method
If you quickly want to get rid of these Oculus payment issues, then feel free to enjoy the advantages of a digital bank such as Revolut.
A wide array of features is waiting to be enjoyed, including the ease of managing your money, free withdrawing from ATMs worldwide, and avoiding those terrifying errors regarding adding your card.
On top of these, users praise it for the ability to convert currency at the best rates and transfer money internationally.
Best of all, keep in mind that Revolut never charges a fee if you decide to top up your account using another bank card. This way, your Oculus payments will never be stopped again.
RevolutLooking for an efficient your to fix payments issues on Oculus? Use Revolut and you’ll be good to go!
2. Add or remove the payment method for VR Gear
- Open your Oculus app on your mobile device.
- Press on More and then press Payment Method.
- Select the Add Payment button.
- Press on Add a credit card or Add a PayPal account.
- Now just enter your payment info to add your payment method.
- In order to remove any payment method, simply press the Remove.
3. Add or remove payment methods for your PC
- Firstly head on over your Oculus app and open it.
- Select the Settings in the left menu section.
- Select the Payment section.
- Now click on the Add Payment Method panel.
- Select between Credit or Debit Card or PayPal Account.
- Enter your payment info to add your payment method.
- In order to remove any payment method, click on the Remove button near your credit card.
- If you have a PayPal account, link your card to your PayPal, then check out with your Paypal.
You know what to do when getting an Oculus error while adding a payment method or if the Oculus payment failed.
Let us know in the comments area below which solution worked for you.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in July 2019 and was revamped and updated in December 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.