MS Office’s Access is among the foremost database applications that millions of users utilize to set up databases. However, some Access users have encountered an Error in loading DLL message when they try to run wizards within the software.
Thus, the error can arise when users try to import text or spreadsheets with the required wizards. The Error in loading DLL error can crash the active Access window.
How to fix Error in loading DLL message in Microsoft Access?
1. Register the Dao360 and Msado15 DLL Files
- The official Microsoft resolution for the Error in loading DLL error is to register the Dao360 and Msado15 DLL files. To do so, open the Win + X menu with the Windows key + X hotkey.
- Select Run to open that accessory.
- Enter Regsvr32.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\Dao360.dll in Run’s text box, and click the OK button.
- Then input Regsvr32.exe “C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\ado\Msado15.dll” in Run, and select the OK option.
2. Install the latest MDAC Version
Some users might need to update MDAC to fix the Error in loading DLL error. Users can download the installer for the latest MDAC 2.8 version from the MDAC page. Open the downloaded MDAC installer to update MDAC.
3. Repair MS Office from the Programs and Features Applet
- Some users have confirmed they’ve fixed the Error in loading DLL error by selecting the Change option for MS Office on the Control Panel’s uninstaller applet. To do that, launch Run by pressing the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- To open Windows’ uninstaller, enter appwiz.cpl in the text box. Then select the OK option.
- Select the MS Office suite listed within the Programs and Features Control Panel applet.
- Then select the Change option.
- Thereafter, an MS Office dialog box window will open that includes a Repair option. Select that Repair option, and click the Continue button.
- MS Office 2016 users can select an Online Repair option to fix the suite’s applications.
- Thereafter, click Close when the repair, or configuration, the process is finished.
4. Fix Access Files With the Access Repair Tool
- If the Error in loading DLL error arises for a more specific Access database file, try fixing it with Stellar Repair for Access, which has a demo version that users can try out. Click the Free Download Access Repair Tool button on the Access Repair Tool page to save the installer for that software.
- Open the installer Stellar Repair for Access installer to add the software to Windows.
- After opening the software, click the Browse button to select a file to repair.
- Then press the Repair button.
- Thereafter, the software displays a preview of the displayed file. Click Save Database to select a path to save file at.
Those are some of the more probable fixes for the Error in loading DLL error. With that error fixed, Access users can then utilize the application’s wizards for their databases.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix corrupted Microsoft Access databases
- 4 methods to fix Unrecognized Database Format in MS Access
- How to block access to programs in Windows 10